Chapter 52: Make Believe Love

The sun peaked through the window, announcing that it was morning, while a soft pair of lips caressed my skin. "Mornin'," I whispered. I wrapped Kevin's arms around me and held him close, only to learn that it wasn't Kevin who I was holding and this wasn't our bed. I turned around frantically and looked at the man who was behind me. "Oh fuck," I said sitting up. Oliver sat up too. He continued to kiss the back of my shoulders. "Baby calm down."

I scooted away from him and put my head in my hands. "Oh my goodness. No. No. No. This is not happening. I-I-I have to go." I pulled the covers back and was terrified that I was completely naked. I didn't drink last night so I couldn't blame it on that. I made this decision while I was sober as fuck. "Damn," I mumbled to myself. I pulled the sheet cover back over me and dragged it out of the bed with me. "Fuck," I said outloud. "Kevin is going to kill me. Just bury me now."

"You extra as fuck with that got damn sheet wrapped around you like that," Oliver laughed. "You remind me of one of those mistresses in the movies who walk around the house in that same fuckin cover thinking she the shit cuz she fuckin a married man."

"Oliver. Shut the hell up. This isn't the time for jokes."

"Don't get mad at me. I'm not the one who cheated on my husband."

I turned my head quickly. "That was low. You didn't have to go there."

Oliver held his hands up defensively. "Sorry."

I started to pace the room from one side to the other. "I think you might need this," he said holding up my phone. "Oh my goodness! Yes," I said rushing over to him. I grabbed the phone from him and was disappointed to learn that it was dead. I leaned my head back. "This cannot be happening. Please tell me that you have a phone charger somewhere in this big ass house of yours." Oliver looked at me and chuckled. He leaned across the bed and grabbed the charger off of the floor. "Here's a charger baby," he said holding it up for me. I walked over to him and took it. "Why are you so damn chipper! This shit isn't funny," I snapped.

"Uh. Yeah. It kinda is," he grinned. "I mean, you are losing your shit over there."

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. I plugged my phone in and waited impatiently for it to get a charge on it. "You know you could just come back to bed while you wait," he said reaching out to me. "Don't touch me," I said moving away from him. "That's the reason why I'm in this mess now." I walked back over to the night stand. My phone was still on zero percent. I groaned. "Slow ass charger."

"You wanna use my phone?"

"You gotta be joking right? Why would I use your phone to call my husband? That's not a good look."

"Yeah and neither is this," he said looking around the room. Our clothes were thrown everywhere and the sheets were messy.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm going to the bathroom." I headed for the door.

Why you leaving? There's a bathroom in here."

"I know. That's why I'm leaving. I just need a minute of peace and quiet."

"Your peace and quiet is right here," he said nodding his head towards the bed. I huffed. "I meant alone." I left out and shut the door behind me.

I walked down the hall and found the nearest bathroom. I walked in and looked at myself in the mirror. I had that after sex glow and I was pissed. "If me not coming home last night doesn't give me away, this sure will," I said in the mirror. I took a minute to myself and sat on the lid of the toilet seat. After silencing my mind I realized that my body actually felt good. I felt completely relaxed. I stood up, looked myself in the mirror, and told myself to stop worrying and figure something out. I walked out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom feeling way better than I did when I left.