Chapter 15: You Got Served

"What the hell is this," Ron said slamming a folder down in front of me. "You're suing me?"

"That's what it says isn't it?" I said after taking a sip of my tea. Ron rushed in the seat across from me. "I don't want to be seen with you. You're harmful to my reputation," I said sharply.

Ron ignored my comment and leaned in closer to me. "I didn't do anything. I can't afford to be sued," he nearly whispered.

"All of that top notch camera equipment you used to record us says otherwise." Ron put his head down. "I'm sorry, okay. I can pull it down from the internet."

"Why did you alter the date and how did Ronny get her hands on the video?"

"I was hoping that Ronny would find it and be so upset that she'd break up with me."

"Why can't you be man enough to break up with her yourself? Why'd you have to use me as a pawn in your game? I mean what did you think was gonna happen? She's in love with you!"

"I didn't think she was gonna release it."

"Seriously? Have you met Ronny?" I scoffed. "You should have deleted it after Kevin approached you about it. Why didn't you?"

"I was going to, but I just couldn't. I knew it was wrong to hold onto, but it was just a reminder of---" I cut Ron off.

"Ronny thinks I'm the untruthful one, but it's you. Tell her the truth. Handle it or go to court."

Ron tried to protest. "I can't do that. I know I've done you wrong, but I love you and I want a second chance to be with you. If I tell her the truth now it will destroy her."

"Like its trying to destroy me now?"

"I didn't mean for this to hurt you. I can't hurt her too."

"But you are. You're hurting her by keeping her interested; by making her believe that she stands a chance with you when you and I both know that she doesn't. You are hurting her by not being honest, just like you're hurting me. You don't hurt the people you love. You need to fix this. I'm giving you a chance to do the right thing."

"I want to, but what's the point if in the end I get hurt too?"

"You're thinking selfishly. Think about someone else for a change. It's not about you."

"You're right. It's about you." He tried to grab my hand. I snatched it back.

I looked at him and leaned forward. "Ya know? Maybe you and Ronny are made for each other. You both are in love with people who don't love you back." I quickly stood up from my seat. "See you in court."

As I headed toward the exit eyes were following me. Before I could leave out Ronny approached me. She pushed me into a corner and shoved a folder against my chest. "You're suing me! Are you serious? You should be suing Ron. He was the one who created the video." I pushed her off of me. "I am," I said bumping past her. "See you in court." She tried to get ahold of me. "Wait a minute. Why were you just talking to Ron a few minutes ago?" She asked suspiciously.

I turned around and got in her face. "Let's be clear. Ron approached me. I didn't approach him. He's been served just like you were. He's been trying to convince me for a while now that he loves me. Ronny. He's been using you to make me jealous, because he's still in love with me. I've been telling him for weeks now to tell you the truth."

"Oh yeah? What exactly is that?"

"That he doesn't love you and that he doesn't want to marry you, but hey, if you want to feign ignorant by all means do so, but do it on your time, not mine. I'm telling you he changed the date. What happened in that video took place long before I met Kevin. It was no accident that you found it how you did. Do you really think he would have put the video in plan sight if he was being sneaky? Think about it. He's been playing you. So you either handle the situation or get sued right along with him, because let me you tell you this, if you gonna run my name through the dirt I better be making money off of it. So again, you either fix it or run me my money. We clear?" Ronny stood there with tears coming down her face, a crowd of people encircled around us.