Chapter 19: The Turn Up

***(This chapter is super long. I hope y'all enjoy it and laugh a little bit. Peace.)***

Three weeks later...

Janelle burst into my apartment. "Hey y'all." She walked over to the sofa. I looked at Kevin.

"You didn't lock the door," I asked hitting his arm. Janelle plopped down in between Kevin and I.

"Bruh are you serious," Kevin said sucking his teeth and moving over.

"You had her occupied for weeks. Don't be stingy Kevin," she teased. She turned to face me. "So. I got us tickets to an outdoor R&B concert this weekend. Please tell me that you're available," she whined.

"Hell yeah I'm available. Who's performing?" Janelle grinned. "Everybody you love. Ginuwine, Tank, Badu, Tasia, D'Angelo, Joe, Musiq. Girl it's gon' be lit."

"Okay. I am definitely going," I said eagerly.

"Damn. So, I don't get an invite to R&B night? That's fucked up," Kevin joked.

Janelle sighed and slightly turned to him. "Since Ade's going I guess it doesn't hurt if you go, but you have to buy your own ticket."

"I can handle that."

I squealed in my seat. "Yo this is gon' be poppin! It's an all day affair too," I said as I looked at the event details online. "Let me get my cup ready so I can get drunk. Imma be so lit," I said standing up and shaking my ass a little. "This'll be the one day I'm permitted to be ratchet. Aye!"

Janelle and Kevin looked at me. "What has gotten into you," Janelle asked.

"Nothing. I'm just excited that's all.

"MmMm. Nope. Come here," she instructed. "Look into my eyes." I looked at her. "Kevin you gave her wine at this hour?" Kevin held his hands up. "Aye. Don't look at me. I just got here too. Now, what she did before I got here, I don't know."

"You know you gotta check her crazy ass when you come in the door. She can't be trusted with wine in the house," Janelle teased.

"Okay can y'all chill? It's not that deep. I'm just in a good mood. Why it always gotta be something?"

"Cause you not this hype on a daily sis."

"I only had one glass of wine," I argued.

"That's enough," Janelle and Kevin said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed.

"So, I got my best friend and my boyfriend siding with each other. Ain't this some shit. I feel personally attacked."

Kevin cleared his throat. "Fiancé. I ain't one of these regular niggas."

I scrunched up my face at him. "My bad. Fiancé."

"Yeah you better recognize baby," he said. I rolled my eyes and playfully mushed his head. "Shut up."

I got up from the couch. "I'm going to get some more wine, if anyone was curious. Y'all want anything while I'm up?" I asked as I headed towards the kitchen. "Snacks," Janelle yelled out. Kevin didn't want anything.

"What kind you want, J?"

"I don't know. Just bring me everything you got."

"You're such a fat ass," I teased.

"I can't hear you," Janelle said loudly to me. I laughed and poured my glass of wine.

"Aye Lys," Kevin called out to me.

"Yeah babe!"

"Is it okay if the homies slide through real quick!"

"Yeah. That's fine." About thirty seconds later someone was making beats on my door. "Damn. They must have already been in route. Kev you got it?"