Chapter 47: The Saturday After

When morning rolled around I woke up with a hangover. "Shit," I mumbled to myself. I rolled over on my side and faced Kevin who was sleeping peacefully. I propped myself up on my elbow and softly stroked his hair. I kissed his forehead as he started to stir. Kevin slowly opened his eyes. I continued to run my fingers gently through his hair. "Hey," he said gruffly. I smiled down at him. "Hey yourself." He rubbed his eyes and grinned. "Why are you up so early," he asked as he turned over on his side to face me. "I have a hangover," I snickered. Kevin chuckled. "Me too, yo. It's bangin," he said holding his head for a moment. "Well you gon' have to push through it today, because you have that meeting," I said softly.

"Man, forget about that damn meeting, I just want to spend the day with you baby," he said cupping my face in his hand. He slid closer to me as if he wanted to tell me a secret and then kissed me. I grinned and kissed him back slowly. "What did you have in mind," I asked as Kevin broke away from me. "Well," he said kissing my neck, "I was thinking that maybe we could just lounge around here and do this," he said sliding his hand in between my legs. "And maybe later we can whip up something in the kitchen, pour us a little wine, and do this all over again," he said, his lips finding their way back to mine. "Sounds good to me," I whispered in between kisses. Kevin gave me a few pecks on the lips and reluctantly began to pull away. I placed my hand on his chest to stop him. My hand ran down from his chest, to his waist, to his heavy sex. I grazed my teeth along his neck before giving him a lingering kiss. Kevin tried to pull himself away.

"Mm," he moaned against my mouth, trying to get up, but my kisses wouldn't let him; my hands begged him to stay.

"Baby baby, baby," he laughed, "I have to call my job first." Kevin pulled himself away and peeled the covers back, revealing all of himself to me. I grinned and leaned back with the satisfaction of watching him walk away. He grabbed his pants off of the floor and rummaged through the pants pockets. He pulled out his phone and clicked the power button only to discover that his phone was dead.

"Baby is my charger near you," he asked looking at me.

I checked both sides of the bed. "Nah babe. It's not over here." He looked around the room for it.

"You know what? Check my purse. I think I borrowed it and threw it in there."

Kevin walked over to the chair and rummaged through my purse. "Oh. Here it is," he said pulling it out. As he turned to walk away, pulling the chord with him, my purse fell, spilling out all of its contents. Kevin bent down to pick everything up only to come up with a box of condoms in his hand. He held it up in front of him and looked up at me. "Baby," he started, "Why do you have condoms in your purse? We don't use these."

I sat on my knees. "Well, I know baby,  but I bought those for you."

"Huh?" He said with a look of confusion. "Why?"

"After the incident I was just a little apprehensive about sex again and thought that maybe we could start using those when, ya know, we started being intimate again. Of course last night was unplanned and there was no time to grab them but..."

Kevin interjected. "I'm sorry. I'm just having a hard time grasping the fact that you thought we needed condoms."

"Well I bought them as more of a safety precaution. I didn't know if we would actually need them." I stood on my knees and crawled over to Kevin. "Kevin will you just come back to bed. We don't have to use them."

"You right," he said as he put his head down. I thought everything was well again until he leaned in closer to the floor. "And what the hell is this?" He said bending down and picking up something else.

I raised my arms in the air and huffed. "What the fuck," I groaned.

"Birth control?" Kevin held it up to me. "Alyssa why do you have this?"