Chapter 38: Bittersweet Moments

"Good morning baby," Kevin said as he shifted his position in bed.

"Mornin'," I smiled back.

"You ready," Kevin asked as he turned over on his side to face me.

I sunk into the bed. "No," I huffed. "I don't want to go to this "family meeting." I just wanna stay in bed with you." I inched closer to him and began to kiss his neck. "Doesn't that sound like a much better plan," I asked him just before kissing his lips. Kevin grinned and kissed me back. He slipped his hand under my neck and pulled me closer to him.

"It does sound like a better plan," he said as he now lingered over top of me, "but," he said pecking my lips, "you gotta leave in like an hour."

I ran my hand down the brawn of his chest. "I know, but I'm naked and you're naked," I said trailing off with a grin.

He laughed. "This is true, but I don't want you to be late," he said gently squeezing my thigh.

I peered over at the clock before wrapping my arms around his neck. "I think I have time," I grinned just before my lips met with his. Kevin's hands kneaded into my skin, his palms gripping everything his hands could hold. Each kiss was never empty. His love always full. I knew he sought to breath life into me with every touch. When the full weight of his body pressed into me I clung to him tightly. I liked how he felt here; how he made me feel; how I was safe. How we were home.

For a moment we laid breathlessly in bed. Kevin threw his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into his chest. He gave me a lingering forehead kiss. "I love you," he said after a moment. "I love you too." I looked up at him and gave him a few short pecks on the lips before sitting up. Kevin playfully pulled me back down. "Kevin," I laughed as I laid back on my pillow, "I have to get in the shower."

This time he looked at the clock. "You have a little more time," he said huskily in my ear. "Just lay with me for a second. I want to hold you a little while longer." He threw both of his arms around me and sent a trail of kisses down from the juncture of my jaw and neck to my collarbone. His fingertips ran around my waist and down to my hips. I bit my lower lip and grinned.

"Baby don't do that," I laughed.

"Why," he whispered against my neck.

"Because we don't have time for what comes after that," I grinned.

"We can always make time," he said as he kissed my neck.

"What happened to wanting me to be on time," I teased.

"Well, the longer you're here the more I want to do."

I bit my lip and gently moved away from him. "MmMm. Where you going," Kevin asked as he sat up, his lips traveling across the landscape of my back.

"Babe," I said leaning my head back as I received each and every kiss. "I have to get ready." His lips never left my body. I got up and playfully tackled him back onto the bed. I got on top of him and sat at his hips. I placed my hands on his chest.

"I'm gonna go get ready okay and when I get back later today," Kevin raised his hand and tried to object, "let me finish," I laughed, "We can finish what you started."

I gave him one more kiss and got out of the bed to officially start my day.
..
By the time I finished getting dressed I knew I was late. "Kev, can you text one of my sisters and tell them that I'm on my way?"

"Yeah I gotchu."

"Thank you so much. Everybody has been blowing up my phone for the past fifteen minutes asking me where I am and am I on my way. They're gonna kill me," I said running to the door.