Chapter 55: Let's stay Together

...
"Kevin," I called out when I got back to the apartment. He stepped into view. "Alyssa," he said dryly, "what's up?"

"Um," I started, "how are you?"

"You mean after that fit I threw at your boyfriends house?"

I took a step forward. "Kevin," I started.

"You know what, save it!" He said cutting me off. "Cuz you know what? I gotta confession too!"

"About what," I questioned.

"You remember that night Gio brought you home & then the next day I said I cheated on you? Yeah well that was true."

I took a step back. I was in shock. "What?"

"I was tired of your floozy ass bullshit and I went out and fucked someone else."

I was so shocked, but instead of getting angry or crying I just laughed. Kevin looked even more confused than I did earlier. "That is so out of your character. I just---I can't believe you had the balls to do that," I laughed. "Wow. Who knew?"

"Oh you think that shit fucking funny?"

"Surprisingly I do." I sat down on the sofa. "What's so crazy is that I thought about cheating on you with Gia for like a split second before I decided that I couldn't do that to you. I didn't do anything that night, but you did and you never breathed a word. You big talk on this honesty shit, but the only time that you can tell me the truth is when you're mad at me." I shrugged my shoulders. "I just didn't peg you for that guy."

"And I didn't peg you for that girl."

"Me either."

"Looks like your mom ruined you in more ways than one."

I looked up at him. "No. I can't blame this on her. It's too easy and it's irresponsible as fuck. This is all me. I fucked up." I sighed. "What do you want me to do?"

"Let me go for good. Divorce me."

I really didn't want to, but to keep the peace I agreed. "Okay."

"Okay," he questioned, I think more out of surprise than his need for reassurance.

"Yeah. Okay." I stood up from the sofa. "I guess it's time we suit up and find a lawyer."

He looked straight at me. "I guess so."

I walked over to the front door. I'm gonna head out. "Talk to you later?" I asked.

"Yeah for sure. We have a lot to discuss."

"Indeed we do," I said as I shut the door behind me.

When I got on the other side of the door I shed a tear. "How did I get this fucked up?" I walked over to my car and sat in it for a minute to gather myself. "I can't believe my mother was right. She called it and I didn't fucking listen. Damn it Alyssa," I said leaning my head on the steering wheel. "I am just like her." I put on my seatbelt and pulled off of the parking lot.
..
I drove back to Oliver's house. When I got there I parked around the corner and walked towards his backyard. I called his phone.

"Sorry bitch Oliver can't come to the phone right now," Amber answered.

"Don't you have a boyfriend you should be worried about? Why you always in our business?"

"Because I don't like your trifling ass."

"I don't give a fuck. Put Oilver on the phone."

"I'd die before I take orders from you. Bye bitch," she said before hanging up. I groaned. "She's a fucking thorn in my side and a got damn pain in my ass." I walked around to the front. "You know what I got something for that bitch." I rung the doorbell. Amber answered the door as expected. She made an attempt to slam the door in my face. I stopped her. "Don't be rude bitch. Let me in," I said pushing the door back.