Chapter Two-Saviours-[REWRITING]

I answered shyly, rubbing my elbows and staring at the floor

I answered shyly, rubbing my elbows and staring at the floor. It was considerably clean, with not one speck of dust in sight. I found it rather ironic considering we lived in the Underground. It was a nice break for once from the filthy atmosphere.

"Nice to meet you, (Y/N)," Farlan said, serving me the breakfast he had just finished preparing.

"Thanks for breakfast. It looks lovely. I was actually on my way to work when you body slammed me. I didn't have food at home, and I was starving, so just wanted to say..thanks for feeding me.." I looked down at the plate. Pancakes.

How'd they even get the ingredients for pancakes down here? Eggs cost so much.. I wouldn't be able to purchase a small pack by working double shifts at the bar.

"How'd you guys afford this?" I asked, looking up at Farlan. I wasn't complaining. I quickly grabbed the fork and knife next to the plate and dug in. Cutting the pancakes into tiny pieces and shoving them into my mouth.

Farlan hummed at my question. "You actually don't know who I am? Or better yet: Levi and I?" He raised his thin eyebrow in question, a small look of contemplation written upon his delicate glare.

"No. Should I?"

He smiled and gently ruffled my hair.

"Let's just say we're the Robin Hood of the Underground," he said and he walked off to sit on the couch.

"I see. Interesting. So you...steal from the wealthy and give to the poor?" I asked.

"Somewhat. We typically knock down the carts those merchant pigs carry around, so people can take what's inside. They deserve it. Medicine and food is so expensive, and no job pays enough to afford them." Farlan looked at his shoes, "A good friend of mine has this disease, the one that causes your legs to go bad and unable to function, and the only way to help him is to get medicine. He's one of the main reasons why I do this."

"Agreed. I have to work overtime at my job just to afford some food to keep me alive for three days. I'm out right now." I say as I chew on the last piece of pancake, savoring as much goodness as humanly possible. I've heard about that disease. Whenever I was a child playing outside, I would almost constantly see people lying on the dirty ground in immense pain, moaning and groaning.

I'm no scientist, but I figured this was caused by the lack of sunlight.

"If you ever need some, just stop by. If you're lucky, you may even get a chance to see Levi and I in action." Farlan slightly chuckled.

Levi had been cleaning up his knife as I took a glance at him. I noticed he had ran his handkerchief on the knife several times. He hadn't said a word. He just sat there on the couch with his legs crossed.