Chapter 55

Please enjoy!

"Nnh"

I've lost count of how many times I was awoken from Levi's nightmares. He tossed and turned in our now shared bed, knocking over the dark blue duvet in the process.

I had begged him to begin sleeping, claiming how it was not good for his health to be such an insomniac. He began doing so per my requests, but all it did was increase the amount of times he woke up screaming, tears pouring from his eyes. I had hoped him sleeping with me would calm his tendencies, but all it seemed to do was make it worse.

"Nnnn..." He groaned, clenching his fists and curling up into a ball.

His breathing rapidly accelerated, his chest heaving up and down.
Any second now, his nightmare will awaken him. He will get up screaming and cursing, and I would once more have to calm him down and offer him sleep again, which he would obviously refuse.

"Levi?" I called his name, reaching for his pale cheek and softly caressing it.

Like so, he yelled, "Hhn!" And quickly sat up, huffing and puffing. There was sweat, or what I would like to believe as sweat, running down his face.

"Did you have a nightmare?"

I took the moment to adore his features while he breathed heavily. Even through the sweat(or tears, I couldn't exactly tell) running along his cheeks, he still looked as if someone had crafted him in Heaven. His ravenette hair flopped against his forehead, and his toned chest reflected against the moonlit night.

"No." Was he simple, one-worded lie. Levi stood from our bed and picked up the duvet he had knocked onto the floor. He folded it four folds and lay it back down across the sheets. He was obviously now fully awoke.

Levi had an odd way of dressing when it came to sleep. He stayed in his regular clothes often, but when he did dress for sleep, all he did was take his shirt off. He left his pants on, straps and all. Perhaps he was shy of being in the nude in front of me, despite that one time we had slept together.

Walking over towards the dresser, he picked out a blank, black T-shirt that showed a hefty amount of his collarbone.

"Levi, come back to sleep. It's still early, the sun hasn't even come up yet." I pressed my cheek against the fluffy pillow, basking all of it's glory. The soldiers of the Scouting Legion were still fast asleep in their bunkers, all except for Samuel, whom had to stay inside the infirmary for the nurses to retrieve the bullet lodged inside of his arm.