Chapter 49

"Lady (F/N), pay attention! This is important for you to grasp!" Thomas scolded me as I set my hand upon my lips and let out a bored yawn.

"I'm listening, Thomas. I'm just tired, and listening to you ramble on about the titans isn't how I want to spend my evening." I mumble out. Thomas glares hard at me before spanking the drawing of the Founding Titan with a walking stick, emphasizing his frustration with me.

He stands by a large, white board connected to a wall resting peacefully besides a window. The velvet curtains around the window pane somewhat shielded the room from the lights rays radiating inside. Pictures of past rulers, my ancestors, lay on the opposite wall.

"Well, that's too bad, Lady (Y/N). Your mother told me to teach you the history of this, and as your guardian and her follower, I will listen to orders. Now pay attention." He says, smacking the board once more to grab my attention. I huff out and rest my fist against my cheek. "Ymir Fritz. Who is she? Why is she so important?" He asks.

I think for a moment on how to respond. I've been asked this multiple times, but I assume my answer had never been good enough because Thomas would reject. "Ymir Fritz is the mother of all titans. She birthed the Jaw, Armored, Female, Colossal, Beast, Rouge and Cart Titan. She is also my great ancestor, I'm one of the descendants. She's important because...." I trail off. Why is she important again? Isn't she dead?

Thomas lets out another frustrated sigh and holds his glasses up. He swiftly rubs down his tailcoat, "She's important because the power of the Coordinate has been distributed evenly. All going to each of the titans you've listed, they all have their own distinct, unique ability that had been passed down from generations." He answers for me and turns around to begin drawing the titans on the board, and then at the very end of the list, a girl in a dress wearing a tilting crown. She was very small next to the other sketches. "This is you, my dear. Tell me why you're important."

I shrug. I've been studying this for almost a year now, and I'm just as clueless as I was in the beginning.

"The titans listed before you and Ymir are not her descendants. You are, my lady. Though her power has been distributed across the lands, far and wide, you are the one who has control over all of them. Understand? You are the Coordinate Titan. Her blood runs within you, her power courses through your veins. I can't teach you how to unleash it. That's something you must learn on your own, but judging from your characteristics, I highly doubt you'd even do that."

It's rather hard to believe that I'm the Coordinate Titan. I've never felt any type of pulse indicating otherwise. Nothing special had ever happened.

My thoughts are interrupted by Thomas once more scolding me, "Have you been writing what I've been saying down? We've been studying for over two hours and all I see are scribbles. My dear, my dear. You're quite a challenge, I must admit." He says, rubbing his forehead.

The conversation of the Coordinate suddenly sparks interest as I remember all of the times where I could scream out in agony at the dining table. Grace and my other female servants would escort me quickly towards my room to tend to me, giving my water, preparing a fine meal, and jack loads of medicine. I would run a high fever, radiating heat from my body as if I were desperately sick and in need of immediate attention. But the thing is—

I wasn't. My doctors would say I wasn't sick, that there was nothing wrong with me despite my raging fevers. I would complain to them on the migraines threatening to slash my skull in two, but they would keep saying how there was nothing wrong. Voices would ring inside of my head. Ear shattering voices

"Thomas, why have voices been inside of my head? Not thoughts, actual voices. The voices of people I've never even heard in my life before. It hurts me. It hurts so bad it makes me want to cry. Why, Thomas?" I ask, genuinely curious for his response.