Chapter 60

Please enjoy!

"Are you awake, (Y/N)?" My eyes gently flutter open as I feel a cool, slender finger slide against my cheek

"Are you awake, (Y/N)?" My eyes gently flutter open as I feel a cool, slender finger slide against my cheek. As I slowly regain my consciousness, it does not take me long to figure out that I was once again inside of the basement. Edward kneeled in front of me with his tan hand resting upon my thigh. He smiles warmly once he sees me gaze meet his, "Goodmorning. You've been unconscious for a while now."

I took a glance down at his position and quickly recognized that I was detained by tight, black latches. The fact that I was being held back from lunging forward could only mean one thing:

Torture.

"How's my cousin  been doing? He's been with you since the beginning, yes? Tell me, (Y/N)." Edward swiftly stood from his original position to stand close to the bricked, raggedy wall. My eyes clouded over with immense hatred, and I felt the sudden urge to spit in his face. A real shame he took a step back.

"He's better now that his terrible family is out of his life." I responded quietly, it was barely audible. Clearly Edward could hear my response perfectly, as he clutched his fist tightly. I could tell he wanted to punish me for this simple insult but had restrained himself. "My dear cousin. I've known him for a long time~You too, (Y/N)." Edward smiled gently, "I remember when the both of you were just youngin's. The both of you were so pleasant; always runnin' around in Central District."

Edward began to reminisce on our past with a glint of happiness in his rustic eyes. It was odd. I could not tell if he truly held love for his cousin. If so, how could he do such terrible things to him? Or better yet, how could Samuel allow him to do those things? Could it be perhaps that he became desperate for just a feeble amount of admiration? Could this be why he's become so dedicated to me?

He was nothing but a mere child, after all. There was no way of possibly knowing the things he was doing were wrong at such a young age, especially with no sense of guidance from the adults around him. Samuel's past could bring a tear to my eye; he endured all of that all the way up into the day he entered the Survey Corps, and it has affected him both mentally and physically to this day.

Edward slipped  out a slim, gunmetal dagger from within the depths of his pockets. He gently slid it against his palm as he sighed loudly, adjusting his black glasses. "I've always wondered what Samuel's weakness was, you know. During his days in the Underground, he was unstoppable. His name was spoken from all over; he lived as an infamous thug. It was rumored that only man was able to withstand a fight with him, but they were unable to fight again because the man had ventured beyond the Underground. I 'spect he figured he was too good for us dirty pigs down here."

It did not take me long to figure out that the 'champion' he was referring to was none other than Levi himself. I assumed this was before Levi had rescued me from deaths door, because he only abandoned the Underground due to blackmail. It amazed me how Samuel managed to keep his secret identity from me for all of these years.