Chapter 20

"Mama, who's that boy over there?" An eight year old you tugs on your mother's dress, pointing at a black haired boy holding a knife, walking down a long pathway filled with broken glass and dried up blood

She looks up at him and scowls. "Just a brat."

"He looks sad. I'll go play with him!" You happily begin to skip on over to him, your dark green dress flailing around. Your mother quickly snatched you by the collar, dragging you backwards causing you to fall on to the hard concrete ground.

She scolds you about running after the bad little boy, and demands you just sit tight and help her with folding laundry. You groan, but comply.

•First person Pov•
Mama was very pretty. She had (your eye color) eyes, and [long] [short], (your hair color) hair. She had the best personality. Kind and nurturing, but never afraid to stand her ground.

Daddy would usually come home late because of work, but he always tried to spend the most time with mommy and I. I would assist in making supper. I know whenever I made dinner, it was very bad, but they usually sucked it up and claimed  how I was the best cook in the world.

Daddy was tall. He had (fathers hair color) and (fathers eye color) with tints of gold within them. Daddy was a gentle giant, and kind to everyone. Even the people who did him wrong.

"(Y/N)!" I jump up from assisting mama with the clothing and scurry over to the sound of my best friend, Samuel Bekket, whom I called 'Sammy'.

We run into each other's arms and wrapped each other in a giant bear hug.

"Hi Sammy!" I greet with a big grin.

"Hey! Can you go ask your mama if you could come with me to the Central District?"  Samuel had dark brown eyes and dirty blonde hair that somewhat covered his left eye. I would complain to him telling he should get it cut, but he never did.

"I don't think she'd let me go if I asked. You try asking." I move in back of Sammy knowing he'll refuse, and begin to push him hard by the back." He whimpers and I scold him. "Be a man, you big baby"

"Hey, you jerk, I'm more of a man than you'll ever be!" He argues

"Duh, because I'm a girl!" I laugh.

I ram into Sammys back hard and fast. He tries to move behind me but I refuse and keep him foward. I got so caught up in the moment, I accidently forgot to stop when we reached mama and accidently pushed him into a bucket of water, knocking all of the bubbles out of the bucket next to mama.

She smiles at our goofiness and brings the bucket back up. "Hello Samuel." She greets.

Samuel bows to mama and begins to hesitantly ask if I could go with him to the Central District of the Underground. That's where all the kids played, and where the cool things were seen.