Chapter 52

Dear (Y/N),
By the time you have read this, I most likely will have already passed on from this world. There are things I regret in my life. Such as not being able to protect you that day. You were still such a little girl, unaware of so many things. I should've fought harder for you, and I cannot apologize enough.

Do not bare conscious on my death. I did this to ensure your protection since I had not fulfilled my duty as your mother on that faithful day.  There is a merciless gang searching for you. I never told you this, I was too scared, but you possess strength beyond your imagination. Those brute, mindless animals want to take this and use it against you. You must save yourself!

I was killed with my mouth shut and my hands tied. They are not aware—or at least I hope they aren't aware— of where you are located. They do, however, know your name, your age, and what you are. They know you're the princess. This is why they targeted me.

There are so many things I wish I could've told you. How many hugs and "I love you's" I wish I would've been able to spoil you with, but alas, favor just did not run in our hands.

If you curious to as to the wellbeing of your father, sadly, he is no longer here. He died sickly in the chains of our dungeons. Do not cry over our deaths, sweetie. We are forever with you. Just look up at the sky, and we'll be there. Forever and Always.

As my last commanding wish, please fight. Neither I or Mrs. Bekket raised you to be a runner. You were made to fight, and that is what you're going to do.

Sincerely,
Your Loving Mother.

I scan the note over and over again. I know who is after me, but I just can't believe it. It seemed to be happening all so quickly. First, I was just a regular soldier serving in the Scouting Legion. Then, I learned I was the long lost princess. Then I was able to transform, and now notorious criminals of the Underground are searching for me. Judging by the note from my deceased mother, they want me because they know I'm able to transform.

Commander Erwin hands me another slip of documents, each labeled KENNY ACKERMAN and EDWARD TATE. The files gave the little amounts of information known by the Military Police.

The newest members of my--well, Levi's Squad: Sasha Braus, Connie Springer, Mikasa Ackerman and Armin Artlert all sit silently at a long, brown, stretched out table that covered half of Erwin's office. Samuel and Levi had sat on a short, white couch on the right side of the room with Eren in between to stop any type of aggressive arguments or fighting that would happen if they were left too close to each other.

"We haven't been able to get shit done. There's always something happening. You know, I should be outside training my soldiers for the upcoming expedition, but instead I'm inside dealing with two sociopathic, murderous killers who are out for (Y/N)," Levi broke the silence that was basking in the room. I could tell he was growing frustrated with the entire situation, and I couldn't blame him.

"Levi," Erwin scolds, sending a glare his direction, "That isn't the point. The point is we need to get (Y/N) under strict security without compromising our goal,"

"Well, how the fuck are we supposed to not compromise our goal without a titan-shifter? Sure, we've got Eren, but wouldn't two be more...I don't know....purposeful?" Samuel says with a hint of annoyance in his voice, "I say we go forward with the Expedition as soon as possible, and then follow up with this mess. They can't kidnap her if she's not even inside the walls, right?"

"As much as I hate to admit it, he's got a point. If we execute the Expedition now, it will give us more time to think of a solution," Levi stands up from the couch and walks over towards Erwin. I noticed how he seemed to now be walking normally. I assumed his injured foot had healed.