Chapter 54

Instinctively and in the midst of panic, Samuel threw himself towards the side, and cried out in pain when he rolled over on his wounded arm; blood had began to spurt out from the bullet sized hole

"Sam, you're hurt, and there's over twenty of us. Give up," Kenny called, playfully insulting the boy he once treated as if he were his own son, "All we want is the girl,"

Samuel wheezed in an effort to catch his breath. He was tired, and felt as if he would pass out at any second, but he pushed through, "I'll fight you all day and all night if it means (Y/N) is safe," He huffed, scooting himself towards the side to avoid the raging bullets being fired at him continuously.

Reece was next to him, looking at him curiously and worriedly. She ripped a piece of cloth from her shirt and offered it to him. He took it and wrapped it tightly around his wound, "Thanks, Reece," He nods at her.

Edward laughed manically and pulled Samuel's knife from out of his chest. Though he was in immense pain, his ego was way too high for him to show it. The knife was covered in his blood, and it was surprising it had not killed him, seeing as Samuel was the best at hand-to-hand compared to his fellow associates.

Hanji was still laying passed out in front of Edward. She wouldn't die, as the bullet had only hit her in her foot. She was losing a lot of blood every passing minute however. This challenge on retrieving both she and (Y/N) was going to much more difficult as Samuel had now had a bullet in his arm.

It hurts....He complained in his mind, The only defense we have is my knife, and I can't even fucking get it.

The bullets poured on Reece and Samuel as they ducked their heads in their arms for protection. The cover they had hid behind was beginning to bust from being shot at for far too long.

Is this where we die? Dying at the hands of the man I once saw as my father?

"Huh? You're still not going to come out? What do I need to do to make you come out? You seem dead set on this character right beneath my boot. Come get her, Sammy!" Edward shouted, kicking Hanji's head again and again until her goggles were knocked off, "Come get her! You've become soft! This is pathetic!" He bends over and grabs her by her ponytail. Edward was a tall man~Hanji barely made it past his shoulders even while being lifted into the air, "Here's a deal: Give me (Y/N), and I won't blow her brain to bits. You seem awfully attached if you're so willing to lay your life,"

The decision was easy. Samuel would choose (Y/N) over Hanji any day, as Levi once told him: Some lives hold more value than others. Which in all honestly, he completely believed.

Edward nudged the pistol against Hanji's head and pushed it, urging Samuel to do something, for Reece to do something, for anyone to do something.