Chapter 53

Wall Sina

Wall Sina

"Are you ready, (Y/N)?" Hanji asks, taking a peek at the shorter female sitting next to her in the carriage, "(Y/N)?"

She doesn't respond, only scoffs, scowling at Hanji.

Hanji laughs at her being upset and pokes at her side, causing her to slightly twitch and giggle, "I thought so! Look, it's perfectly fine to be upset. I would be upset being forced to do something I wouldn't want to do as well, but you must understand that this is your duty as daughter of the Queen. You have to take her spot,"

"I suppose," Is all the Princess replies with. There is a another long silence between the two, with (Y/N) staring at the citizens of Sina and Hanji thinking of a solution. She too did not want (Y/N) to leave the Survey Corps, but what could she say, with both Commander Erwin and Captain Levi urging she go? There was nothing to say. All that time and energy trying to figure out whether she possessed the power of the Coordinate had gone to shambles, and were a complete waste. She sighed heavily and fixed her goggles upon her ears.

Levi and the new members of the Special Operations Squad stayed behind at HQ, but Samuel insisted he come. He said he would serve as the 'bodyguard for us feminine ladies', earning a slap upon the head from Hanji. He had not spoken during the entirety of the trip, only taking quick peeks at (Y/N) every so often.

He adored her so. At one point in time it had not yet become clear to him as to why he was so attached to the girl, but he was. He was her sword and shield. The way the light from the rays of the sun had beamed down on her (s/c) complexion, and how it distinctly appealed that her hair shone brightly.

She's so beautiful. She has no idea. Dammit. - - This is what he had thought to himself constantly, and then cursing himself for adoring her so much while knowing she belonged to another man.

Levi.

The mere thought of the black-haired man was enough to make Samuel cringe and clench his teeth in disapproval. Oddly enough, he hadn't thought of Levi as some type of love-rival, but just an obstacle, a challenge if you will, to make his job more difficult.

"Hey," The girl piped, "We're here."

Samuel broke out of his trance and nodded, "Right behind you,"

X o X

"You missed a spot, Sasha. There's still a marking on the table. I told you that I wanted to be able to see my reflection," Levi scolded, taking a sip from his piping hot black tea, but not wanting to show that it had actually burnt his lips in front of his cadets.

The new member of the Operation Task Force let out a frustrated groan as she began to furiously wipe down the table, over and over and over again until it had finally met her Captain's standards. Her brown hair kept in a high pony tail waved around as she wiped.