Chapter 38

"(Y/N)! Get up! Hurry! We must go now!" I hear a feminine voice shout at me.

I groan and rub my eyes.

"I said get up, dammit! We have an emergency!" The voice shouts louder at me and pulls me from my bed. I shriek and immediately catch myself before hitting the ground.

"What!? What is it, Hanji? What's wrong?" I watch as Hanji pulls at her hair in frustration and screams, waking up the other women in the bunker.

"They're dead! They're dead! Someone killed them!" She grabs my arm and aggressively pulls me from the bunks.

"Who's dead? Who's killed them? Hanji, what are you talking about?"

She doesn't answer. We race through the halls, making some stops at different rooms to gather everyone on the situation.

.

Hanji, Commander Erwin, Samuel, Levi, Eren and I all stood in a circle in the War Room. The War Room was where we would usually strategize for upcoming Expeditions, or if an emergency situation randomly popped up.

Hanji lay on the floor, her eyes flowing with tears. As far as I could tell, her goggles had been fogged. "Sawney and Bean have been murdered!"

What?

"They were killed while we were all sleeping, most likely." Levi comments.

Erwin holds a finger to his lips in thought. He doesn't say anything.

"No shit, man, that's not the problem though. We don't need to know when the disgusting creatures were killed, we need to know: who and why? We need motives." Samuel face palms.

"Language, Mr. Bekket." Erwin says and glides his finger along the lower edge of his lip.

"Sorry, Chief. As I was saying, remember our last Expedition when we stumbled across that Female Titan? The one with the nice rack? Yeah, awesome. Okay, so we came to the conclusion that it couldn't have been any regular titan. It was far too intelligent. It was a human in titan form. Still with me? Okay, what I'm thinking, perhaps this was a warning." Sam says.

Hanji gasps and begins to cry more. "Are you kidding me!? One of our own has murdered my babies!"

"Shut up. It's too early in the morning for that, Hanji." Levi rolls his eyes at Hanji's mental breakdown while I begin to comfort her.

"But who could it have been?" Eren asks with a shocked look on his face. "And a warning for what?"

Samuel shrugs, "I dunno. I'll leave that for the trio to figure out," he points at Hanji, Levi and Erwin.

Perhaps just Erwin to figure out. Hanji was too unstable at the moment, and Levi didn't really seem all that concentrated for some reason.

Hmm. Actually.....

"No. Eren can actually solve this." I point at him and smile, he blushes.

"No.....I'll leave this to the professionals." He says and begins to play with his fingers. Hanji crawls up to Eren and holds him firmly by the legs, crying into his boots.

"Please.....Eren! They must be avenged! Lend us your knowledge!" She sobs heavily.

Levi lets out a 'Tch' and slides his back against the wall, sitting down.

"What do you mean, (Y/N)?" Erwin asks me.

"Eren fought against the Female Titan, right? I mean, sure, he did get his ass kicked, but he saw her fighting style. We train constantly in hand-to-hand combat in the Survey Corps, even in the Trainees. All he has to do is match the fighting style to whomever he's fought against." I say. I look over at Samuel and smirk proudly.