Chapter 61

"It's been quite fun, (Y/N), but I'm afraid our playtime is over

"It's been quite fun, (Y/N), but I'm afraid our playtime is over."

The strength I once had completely abandoned my body. My head drooped, my eyes barely able to even open. I had become both physically and mentally battered, and throughout the entire ordeal I could not regenerate.

There was a large gash surviving within the dorsal of my hand, a bullet sized hole in my kneecap, and Edward managed to pull off three of my fingernails during my last torture session. I must admit, the longer it continued, the easier I found it to withstand the pain. It was as if my brain had grown used to it, or better yet, fond of it. I could understand my mindset. This reminded me that I was still in fact alive, though barely clinging.

"You look tired. Did you get any sleep?" Edward emerged from the shadows into my line of sight as he lifted my chin, roughly forcing me to look into his dead-pan gaze. He held no emotions, no remorse, no anything. They were empty. "Silver. How interesting." He was referring to the color of my iris. Though indeed very beautiful and enchanting, its' color hinted my deadly strength.

A cool, metallic item soon strikes the small of my back, causing me to shriek in pain as I felt blood seeping between the now open gashes. "A-Ah! I-I'm sorry! I'm so s-sorry!" I begged continuously for the pain to cease, but with each sentence it only seemed to multiply in fatality. Warm liquid began to cascade from my back as I'm left to only whimper.

"You're sorry? Whom are you apologizing too, Princess?"

Another slash against my back, only deeper into my flesh. "Ah! Mother, I'm sorry!"

My mother flashed before my blurry gaze with the same, beautiful nurturing smile she always wore. She extended her arm, and I desperately fought against my capturer to hold it, to feel it just one more time. To wrap myself in her comforting embrace and mourn into her shoulder for all of the hardships I've gone through, for Samuel, for Levi, for the entirety of my squad and the Survey Corps.

She had the same angelic voice; one that could easily calm a mournful person, persuade them that everything they're going through is simply part of their imagination. That all they must do is wake up. "Mother!" I screamed with all the ferocity stored within me. Why can't I just hold her one more time!? She's so close, yet so far away...

Another slash.

At this point, the metallic item to my back no longer concerned me. I had accepted my fate. I had accepted death. I wished to return to my mother, my father. I just want to see them one last time before I perish, before my power abandons me to be in the hands of this wicked world. I could feel my strength being sucked from my body as my capturer fought to obtain my spinal fluid.