Chapter 69

Please enjoy! Warning: if you only watch the dub version, this will be a spoiler.

A loud, terrifying scream erupted from my chest as my body jumped forward

A loud, terrifying scream erupted from my chest as my body jumped forward. Reflexively, my hands lurched for my aching temples; I squirmed against the wooden bed, trying my hardest to recall what exactly had happened.

How long have I been asleep? Where is everyone?

My thoughts ran rapid as I slowly crawled away from the warmth of the duvets, standing to my feet with a slight limp. "A-Agh..."

"Yes, this is where I'm from."

Samuel's statement clouded my mind. His deep voice resonated within the depths of my chest, and our...our...kiss.

Though it was a dream, I could vividly feel his tender lips against my own, the warmth, the heat flooding against my cheeks. W-We kissed!

I staggered away from the room I was occupying and scouted for my friends. The cabin appeared completely empty.

"Have I been forgotten?"

I spoke to no one in particular, more-so to ease myself. My fingers lazily scanned the old, brick walls. As I wobbled aimlessly around, a loud laugh ensued. I jumped in position, quite startled by the sudden noise, but followed it nevertheless.

The chuckle led me downstairs towards the basement, where Levi's captives, I believe, still resigned. I opened the metal door slowly, and my eyes immediately met a tall body. Upon recognizing he figure, I entered with a scoff.

"What are you doing? And where is everyone else?"

The figure twitched and dropped a tool I wasn't even aware of. The male turned, showing those dark, chestnut hues I continued to lose myself in.

My eyes scanned the tool now on the floor—Wet with the color red that I just knew was blood from our victims.

"Samuel..."

He quickly picked up the bloody tool and returned to his objective with a small chuckle, evidently ignoring my question. I took a step forward and peered over his brooding shoulders.

Though, I wish I didn't. Let's just say...Samuel is very creative, and our once breathing captives were now dead. I stumbled backwards and placed a hand over my mouth to prevent anything from involuntarily escaping.

"The others went to go save Eren and Historia. They've been gone for some time now, it's just you and I." He finally answers.

"Why didn't you go?"

Though he was facing Renegade, I could feel him roll his eyes in vexation. "I think the bloody bandage wrapped around my waist should be self-explanatory, (Y/N). I got shot not that long ago, you know?" He twisted his arm and yanked backwards, pulling something that I didn't care to know what off of Renegade's face.