Chapter 5

BAM

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

BAM

I jumped up from my sleep, startled by the sudden noise.

Levi and Farlan had immediately reacted towards the situation. Farlan stood next to the door by the couch I laid upon, and Levi stood a few feet away with his dagger in his hand. They looked at each other and Levi nodded, giving the okay for Farlan to open the door.

Farlan gave a slight breath and opened the door quickly. A short body fell onto the floor. I could immediately tell it was a female because she had strawberry like hair in unkept pigtails. She groaned as she fell, clutching something tiny to her chest.

"It's just a kid?" Farlan asked.

She looked up, "I'm not a kid...I-I'm not..a kid!"

"Then I won't feel bad about kicking you out. I'll let the fact that you dirtied the floor slide. Get out." Levi  said giving a glare.

The girl did not move, only grunted.

"You can't even move?" Farlan questioned as he began to twirl his dagger between his index and his thumb.

"Don't look down on me!" The girl forced herself to sit up as she groaned in agony, only to fall back against she door.

"Over here!" I could hear a man shout from outside.

"Tch. The bastard is being chased." Levi said.

Levi's POV

I walked over to where Farlan was and stood the opposite of him.

"Hey, you two!" He stopped talking as he recognized Farlan and I, then continued," you guys are the thugs of the area?"

"Which of us are?" Farlan asked giving a slight smirk.

The chubby bastard caught glimpse of the girl sitting next to our door.

"He-Hey! I found her!" He yelled at his men. "Are you guys friends?" He asked us.

"Not at all." Farlan answered.

"Then hand her over." The fat man demanded. "You'll be sorry if you cover for her. She tried to sneak past the 11th stairway without paying!"

Farlan was shocked at that. A young girl trying to make it past the stairway? Tch, the brat is dedicated.

"You too will be prosecuted if you cover for her." The chubby man gave us a smirk.

A silent moment had passed of us staring at each other until the chubby mans whore piped in with his own little, " I don't care anymore. Just move away from her." He began walking towards us. When he reached us, he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

My eyes widened and I immediately reacted by cutting his arm with the dagger I held.

He yelped in pain as he grabbed where I cut. I grabbed him and began to punch him over and over again. I didn't stop until his face was a crimson red and his nose was leaking blood.

Farlan observed. The girl by the door sat in shock.

(Y/n) screamed, "Levi, stop! You're hurting him!" I could see her cover her mouth from the corner of my eye.

I gave him one more hard punch to the face as I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him close to my face.

"Don't touch me with your filthy hand. I might get dirty." I blankly said as I shoved him down the stairway.

Farlan chuckled as I pulled out my hankerchief and began to clean my knife.

Tch. Disgusting. Blood all over my knife.

"Bad move. We prioritize hygiene over everything. Go wash your hands and then come back" Farlan said.

The men didn't say anything. They grabbed their injured friend and walked away.

I turned around to face the girl. She was completely bewildered.

"Why are you holding it to your chest? It's going to die, you know." I asked her, pointing at the little animal she cradled in her arms.

"I thought I could keep it warm!" As she opened her arms and showed off the tiny bird. " I figured the little guy would want to be on the surface so he could fly. That's why I tried to sneak up the 11th stairway." She smiled down at it.

Farlan walked up to her and gently grabbed the bird from her grasp. "It's injured. The wing is chipped. I can tend to it, but it'll take a while for it to heal."

• (Y/n)'s POV •
I was in a complete daze of shock from everything that just happened. Levi had basically stabbed a man, and then beaten him nearly to death!

I took heavy breaths, grabbing the covers and pulling them back over me.

Farlan tended to the bird, wrapping some type of cloth around its wing. He said it shouldn't move around so much so the wing could heal.

"My name is Isabel!" The girl randomly blurted out.

"My name is Farlan, that's Levi, and that's (Y/n)" Farlan said, pointing at Levi and then at me.

Isabel motioned her head towards Farlans movements and yelled out, "Levi-bro!"

Bro? I thought.

"Bro?" Levi asked, raising an eyebrow.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.