Chapter 48

Samuel
I'm done. I'm done, I'm done. I keep doing all of this, putting my own life in danger for the sake of my best friend, and I'm getting nowhere. At this rate, they'll be after me too. I haven't accomplished my goals, and I'm running out of time.

I sit on a bunk bed next to my subordinates, Reiner and Bertholt telling them of everything. Perhaps I should heed Annie's advice and set one of them on the mission, because I just can't seem to get my mind straight.

"Sam, are you okay? You haven't spoke yet." Bertholt asks. This guy was tall, standing at a good 6'3.(192 cm). He usually was the quiet one in the group, and rarely showed assertiveness.

I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit stressed is all."

Reiner throws an arm around my shoulder, and I instinctively flick it away. "I understand. Listen, if you can't handle the mission, Bert and I will gladly take it off your hands, just tell us what you need us to do." Reiner was a little shorter than Bertholt, but was taller than me. Buffer too.

"That just might be a good idea. Hear me out. We're running out of time, and I know we've still got to capture Eren, but I'm not leaving without (Y/N), and to leave with (Y/N) means we will have to kill the one that's protecting her, Levi." As I begin to lecture them on the situation, they yawn, earning a stone hard glare from me. If they weren't going to take this seriously, I'll kill them both right here and right now. I don't need any extra, useless weight. They straighten themselves and look back at me. I continue, "Levi, like me, has gone through the awakening. Once we begin to fight, it'll be a bloody massacre. There's no telling who would win, but one of us is coming out alive, and the other, dead. His foot is injured right now, giving me the perfect time to strike, but (Y/N) is always with him. I can't kill him with her there. I just can't. It'll break my heart in two to see her upset, so this is what I need you two blockheads to do."

"Wait, wait, wait, why do we even need (Y/N)?" Reiner asks. I sigh, as of just being interrupted.

"Why? I'll tell you. (Y/N) possesses undeniable power. Power beyond her limits. How do I know? I can't tell you, however, I can tell you that she will be an outstanding asset once she learns how to control herself. The Marley Empire will be pleased. (If you haven't read the manga after s2, you might be a little confused as to what I mean, but I'll try to explain it throughout this book the best I can)"

"Do you mean using her as a weapon? Don't you think they'll test on her? Rip her open and experiment her insides? How she runs?" Bertholt asks in question.

"I have no doubt, but you see, if they even try to lay a finger on her, I'll kill them. Understand? I'm not taking her there to experiment on her, I'm taking her there for a shot at true freedom, to live a normal life without the thought of ever being killed by a titan, but if the day ever comes, I know she'll be able to handle it." I rub my hands against my eyes, and yawn out my answer. "Anyway, back to my plan. I need you two to A). Hurry up and capture Eren, and B). Stall (Y/N). I don't give a fuck how you do it, just get it done. I need you to do it quickly. She's got some thugs after her. Top thugs."

They nod and jump down from on top of the bunk bed, I'm assuming to devise a plan on how to capture and stall.

It sucks Annie got captured. She would've been good to else, despite her attitude.

Now that they're going to handle that, I should devise a plan on how to get us all out of here and kill Levi without being noticed. An all out fight would gather too much attention, and that's the last thing I want. Maybe I could poison him? Ah, but where am I going to get any poison? Tate and them should have some, but I should probably stay away from there for a while. They're probably coming after me, too..Fuck, I wish I knew exactly what Mr. Kenny and Tate were thinking right about now, and Paul...