Chapter Twenty-Eight

Lafayette stood there breathlessly as the fans cheered and squealed. Soon, Misha ran on stage and swooped her off her, potato sack style. "No!" Lafayette giggled, so did the rest. Misha soon put Lafayette down and kissed the top of her head. "You were amazing." He whispered.

"Well...not really." Lafayette said. "Your amazing to me." Misha smile was growing every moment. "You were like fire!" Misha softly said. Lafayette stared blankly at the floor and soon a flash back came to her mind.

The building burned, screams and cries were heard in rooms. Lafayette couldn't do anything, she was just a child, she was being carried out by her next door neighbor. "Mommy!" Lafayette screamed. "I want mommy!" She cried and cried and cried.

They finally got to the final floor and rushed outside, getting to one of the many ambulances. The man rested Lafayette down and her sister next to her. "Stay here. You will be taken care of." He said before quickly walking away. Lafayette just curled up in a ball and cried and her sister did too. Soon cate came to them and cleaned the two sister up. Lafayette's sister looked at the building, still on fire. It was one of the craziest things that ever happened to the girls. "We are orphans now." Lafayette's sister said.

The hotel fire was all over the news the very next day and it was the talk for about a week or two. It was one of the most biggest fires in state history.

Injured: 23
Dead: 31

"Lafayette? You still in this world?" Misha asked softly. Lafayette zoned out and looked up fully at Misha. "Yeah I am. I'm still here!" Lafayette faked a smile. "Are you ok sweetie?" Misha asked. "I'm fine!" Lafayette weirdly squeaked, unusual, even for her.

Misha looked at her for a moment, his beautiful blue eyes filled with concern. "Alright...lets go to the hotel, you seem tired." Misha said. The two said their goodbyes and went off to the parking lot.

~•~

Misha drove down the road and thankfully no traffic. "Sweetie, I don't think I trust you when you say your fine." Misha said to Lafayette. Lafayette's looked over at Misha with confused look. "What do you mean?" Lafayette asked him, blinking multiple to collect herself from falling asleep.

"You said you were fine earlier after you sang. You acted weirdly, even for you." Misha said gently. Lafayette looked down at her lap, thinking about the flashback. "I'm sorry dad." Lafayette said. "I just want you to be honest and tell me what happened or happening." Misha told Lafayette.

"I-I....had a flashback." Lafayette started slowly. "And it was when I was four and when the fire happened. I kept crying and crying. All I was saying was 'mommy' and 'I want my Mommy'." Lafayette looked back at Misha. Misha, sad and hurt, didn't know what to do for his daughter.

Misha drove with one hand on the wheel while the other reached over for Lafayette's hand. "I'm always here for you Kitten." Misha said. "I know you are." Lafayette sighed. "I love you kitten, so much." Misha didn't want to scare her with a long talk about how she is going to be fine.

"And I'm going to be here for you. I will never hurt you." Misha started to have urges for him to make himself stop, but he can't, he loves his little ginger baby girl. "I'm sorry." Lafayette was on the verge of tears, voice cracking. "There's no need to be baby girl." Misha said.

"I love you too dad."