Chapter Forty

Lafayette walked into a classroom of chatting students. "Go pick a seat." Mr. Briggs told her and she walked to the back of the class room, finding a seat in the back corner. She perfectly avoided contact with any other students, surely too scared to say hi to anyone.

"Alright, class! Take your seats!" Mr. Briggs said loudly. Everyone filled the seats and no one looked too happy to start. "Welcome back guys, as some of you may know from having me last year, I am Mr. Briggs and I will be you Math teacher for this year. I know we have little bit of new students to our school so please be nice and show them how nice this school should be." He said firmly. Lafayette heard a couple of girls giggle at him, in complete awe of the man.

Math class was to overwhelming for Lafayette. Even though it was more of getting to know each other and decorating Math notebooks, she didn't want to socialize. "Hey, I'm Dallas." The girl at the desk beside her said. She looked over to see a very pretty girl, black and her hair is long and black, tips of her hair are dark blue.

"I-I am Lafayette." Lafayette responded. "I'm guessing your one of the new kids?" Dallas asked. "Yes I am." Lafayette answered her. "Well, I gotta tell ya, this place can get a bit out of hand. The high schoolers treat us like crap." Dallas told her. "That's good to know."  Lafayette nodded. "As long as you stay away from them tell you aren't dead during summer, you'll be fine!" Dallas said.

"Thank you." Lafayette smiled, so did Dallas. "Gosh, your smile is contagious!" A boy yelled from across the room, looking at the two girls. The whole class started bursting out laughing and Lafayette slumped in her seat. "C'mon Miller, sit yourself down!" Mr. Briggs, his voice strong.

"Or what? Is she dangerous?" The boy smirked. "Sit down Miller!" Mr. Briggs said, clearly getting mad. "Or what?" The boys said again. "I'll sit you down for you! Now shut up and listen to Mr. Briggs!" Dallas yelled. The boy slowly sat down after Dallas yelled, Mr. Briggs nodded at her. "Thank you Dallas. Miller, my office after class."

~•~

"How did you not get in trouble for that?" Lafayette asked Dallas as they walked with each other down the hallway. "I grew up having him as my babysitter and as my teacher." Dallas answered. "Oh ok." Lafayette said.

"Where you going next?" Dallas asked. "Science." Lafayette told her. "Oh cool! Me too!" Dallas said with a smile. "I think you'll like the science teacher. His name is Mr. Hills and he is super weird." Dallas told Lafayette. "Nice!"

(Please check out my blog! Plus, please FEEDBACK!)