Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Kitten, wake up baby," Misha said, shaking Lafayette gently awake. As soon as Lafayette got to the point where she could hear Misha saying her nickname, she shot up in a sitting position so fast, it shocked Misha. "What's happening? What happened?" Lafayette freaked out.

"Kitten, everything is fine," Misha assured her. "It's just gonna be your first day at school." Misha then laughed at her disgusted face. "I don't wanna go!" Lafayette complained, placing her head on Misha's chest. "Well, you have to go to learn." Misha teased. "No, I have to go because it's the law." Lafayette pouted.

Misha laughed at her comment and wrapped his arms around her. "Plus, I have to go to the Supernatural set soon, so you won't see me for a while," Misha stated. "Oh..." Lafayette saddened and wrapped her arms around Misha's torso. "I love you kitten," Misha said. "I love you too man-child."

~•~

"Here you go! School at least you little kitten!" Misha said, parking his car in front of the school. "I'm scared dad, there's going to be a lot of people," Lafayette said. "School is going to be fine I promise, plus you are smart! You skipped the 7th grade!" Misha told her. "But people!" Lafayette almost screamed. "Shush yourself, child! Your gonna be fine! Now go kick some math in the butt! I'll pick you up later before I leave." Misha stated.

Lafayette sighed and grabbed her book bag. Soon, she leaned over and kissed Misha on the cheek. "I love you, dad," Lafayette said before unbuckling her seatbelt. "I love you to kitten." Misha smiled. Lafayette got out the car and walked up to school and looked back at the car. Misha waved at her and Lafayette waved back at him before going into the building.

"Please don't grow up."

"I don't wanna grow up."

~•~

"Mr. Briggs is my advisor and Math teacher," Lafayette mumbled to herself, looking at her schedule she got up at the front. She soon walked down a not too crowded hallway. "You must be new her sweetheart?" Lafayette heard a voice, slightly scaring her, but turned around to see a slim and dark-haired, tail with Hazel eyes. "Y-yeah, I'm ne-new," Lafayette answered, slightly blushing, pleased by the boys' looks.

"What's your name, unless if you like pet names." The boy says. That's when Lafayette's face went full-on dark red. "My-my name is L-Lafayette. B-But I-I mean you can g-give me an n-nickname if you want." Lafayette said shyly. "Well, Lafayette is such a pretty name for a girl like you." The boy smirked.

"Alright, Lukas, lay off of the girl." An older man came into Lafayette's view. He seems the early thirties, possibly late 20's.  "I can't help it." The boy laughed. "Of course you can't boy." The man says sarcastically. "Now go to class." He soon demanded and the boy went off, his black backpack hanged on one of his shoulders.

"Where you off to kid?" The man asked. "I-I n-need to get t-to Mr. Briggs class." Lafayette stuttered out as she looked at the man in awe. "Well good. I'm Mr. Briggs, my pleasure." The man soon smiled, sticking his hand out. Lafayette hesitantly toke it and gave a weak smile.

"Wow, that's one handshake for a small one like you." Mr. Briggs said. "Now let us get to class before I talk too much." He soon talked. "G-gotta save that f-for class." Lafayette comment. "I like you." Mr. Briggs laughed.