Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Lafayette, I know your there." Misha said. "Come her Kitten." He soon told her. Lafayette came out into the living room hesitantly but to see her dad, about to cry. "I'm so sorry." Misha's voice cracked as he got up to hug Lafayette. "I love you dad, happy birthday." Lafayette said, hugging her dad back. "Your an amazing father." Misha soon hugged Lafayette a bit tighter and kissed her forehead. "Excuse my language but that man was an ass." Misha said. "Your way better." Lafayette's chucked on her words. She never felt so safe in a persons arms than Misha's.

Lafayette sat in her room, thinking about what just happened. She never saw Misha like that before. Lafayette came out fully honest with Misha and it made him almost cry. "Oh gosh, what am I gonna do?" Lafayette asked herself. 'I don't want to make him cry..'
'Should I not be honest?'
'Wait...I don't want to lie to dad.'
Lafayette thought. Her thoughts were like a hurricane. Never has she got this much thoughts since in...forever. Soon she started thinking of the orphanage.

Families fill the rooms as the children line up. Lafayette stood by her friends. The four friends did a group hug and there was a few cries. There was a feeling between them that at least one of them is going to go. None of them are ready to let each other go not quite yet. Lafayette looks around the room, the many faces that want to adopt a child. This is one of the biggest adoption days by size. She never seen so many families. Well, its good because there are a lot of kids and there is not to much room left for more. Many kids seemed so ready to get adopted. Smiling faces were everywhere.

The orphanage was a home for her that she never wanted but have met all kinds of people. Irish. Her find filled with memories of her.

"Hey Laffy-Taffy!" Irish squeaked, smiling at her. Lafayette smiled back at her best friend and laughed. "Hey Irish." Lafayette said. "Ready for the biggest adoption day?" Irish asked Lafayette. "No one is gonna adopt me! All they are going to do is go for a younger child instead of a 12 year old girl with scars on her wrists, or even a 12 year old in general, even older!" Lafayette answered.

"Hey! That doesn't matter at all! You know Charlie, Olivia, Stella, and River got adopted and all of them are 14!" Irish said, nudging Lafayette in the side. Lafayette winced a little and shook her head.

"Yeah but I don't want to wait two years Irish. It's either get adopted or hit the streets somewhere. Plus who would adopt a girl like me." Lafayette mumbled. "The thing is, is that you need to stop being negative. Especially towards yourself cause you deserve the world. It's just the world is not ready for such beautifulness!" Irish stopped walking and got in front of her friend. Lafayette rolled her eyes and laughed. Irish smiled and laughed along with her. "Listen, we are both are going to get adopted!" Irish said.

She smiled and giggled herself to sleep.