Chapter Eighty

Vikki and Lafayette arrive in front of a big brown door. Vikki stops, soon her daughter does the same. She turns to her, a smile so bright it's contagious, making Lafayette smile as well. "What? Can't you just tell me who it is?" Says Lafayette. "No! Now close you eyes!" Vicki tells her.

A giggle comes from Lafayette as she obeys her mother, closing her eyes. "Mom, do I have to close my eyes?" She asks her mother. She soon hears her fathers voice from a distance. "Hey! I'm here!" Misha says, jogging up to them. "You haven't told her, right?" He asks Vikki. "Not even a hint." Vikki says. The couple peck each other's cheeks, then putting their focus back on Lafayette.

"Mom, dad! Please!" Lafayette whines, crossing her arms. "Fine, you can open your eyes." Vikki says. "Who am I going to see?" Their daughter asks. "One second kiddo." Says Misha, soon grabbing Vikki's hand and gently leading her farther from Lafayette.

Misha takes a deep breathe before he starts to speak. "Please say you not nervous too?" Vikki says. "Vikki, this guy! We barely no him, do you think it's okay? Is it the right time for Lafayette? How is she going to react? I don't think she'll remember what he looks like." Misha whispers to his wife. "I think she'll remember a little bit." Vikki whispers back.

"What are you so scared of?" Vikki asks her husband. "I don't know, I'm just nervous on how Kitten is going to react." Misha answers her. Vikki pecks him on the lips and smiles at him. "You really care about her." She says.

It wasn't a question, it's a statement. Misha wanted to give Lafayette a life. Lafayette was one of the most messed up kids at that orphanage. The works there knew there was barely a chance with Lafayette getting adopted. She was one of the oldest kids, sometimes she would come off as sad or a little angry, and sometimes her scars would show.

That day when Misha came into the orphanage with Vikki, West, and Maison, the workers had a feeling. Most of the workers know who he is, knows what he does. He is an actor, but way more than that. Misha Collins, a kind and generous human being. He does all kinds of good stuff. He is the kind of guy you would want to be best friends with.

"Vikki." Misha mutters, his voice cracks a little. Lafayette heard that and immediately looks at her father. He looks like he is about to cry, but he is holding it in. The two make eye contact, Lafayette hesitantly starts to walk to her parents, concerned. "Dad, what's wrong?" She asks Misha. "Nothing Kitten." He responds to her, wrapping an around her shoulders.

Misha kisses the top of Lafayette's head. "Dad?" Lafayette mumbles into his chest. Vikki smiles at the two and Misha's pulls her into the hug. "I'm not letting go of you two, I'm not going to let go of West or Maison. I refuse to let my family go away." Misha says.

***

After a couple of minutes, Misha toke a deep breathe. "Ready to meet someone?" He asks Lafayette. "Yeah! I've been eager to know who this person is for a solid hour, so yeah! I think I'm ready." She tells him, closing her eyes and grabbing Misha's hand. Misha smiles and opens a door leading Lafayette into a quiet room.

"Kitten, you can open your eyes." says Misha. Lafayette does as told and opens her eyes to see a fairly tall African American man, probably in his late thirties. He is wearing a blue flannel and a nice pair of jeans, plain black converse. The man seems calm, but emotion stirs in his eyes. Excitement, but also nervousness. Anyone could tell from his fidgety hands.

Lafayette tilts her head and squints, a smile soon appears on the mans face. "Lafayette, this is Thompson Carroll. He was your neighbor when you were a kid." Misha says to his daughter. Lafayette widens her eyes and soon gets overwhelmed by to many feelings. A flashback, great.

"Go!" Mom yelled at me. "Get out of here Lafayette." She cried. Tears ran down her moms face as it did mine. "I love you!" "MOMMY!" I yelled as I felt a strong pair of arms pull me out the door. "MOMMY!" I kept yelling. "NO, NO! MOMMY, PLEASE!" Tears kept rolling down my red cheeks. "GET HERE OUT OF HERE! PLEASE! SAVE HER!" That's the last thing I heard. Cry. That's what I have been doing the whole time.

"Tommy?" Lafayette says with a questioning tone. Thompson nods and his smile only gets bigger. A single tear sheds down his cheek. "You are getting so tall." He says, soon wiping the tear away. Lafayette starts to cry, but rushed towards Thompson. She hugs him, hugs him really tight.

Thompson hugs her back, rubbing her back. "Your all grown up, your goin to be taller!" He says. "I doubt it. I can't believe your here." Lafayette mumbles. "You're here! You're really here, I thought I would never see again!" She continues, looking up at him. "You pulled me and my sister out the fire."

(Bonjour my beans! Boom information! Thank you guys so much for getting me to 42k! I love you guys! Please, I need lots of feedback on this chapter!)