Stay Alive

{WARNING: Graphic content ahead}

              I stared out at the vast nothingness of the galaxy through the windows of the Altean castle/ship. I saw a shooting star zoom through the sky, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Ever since I became a Paladin of Voltron, being a Defender of the Universe was hard work and very risky. We always had close calls with getting caught or even getting blasted by a Galran, It was very stressful I was surprised how far we've made it to defeating Zarkon... but losing Shiro.  I sighed sadly at the thought, Shiro was very important to the team, not only did it affect us, but it affected us on forming Voltron.

          Keith had to become the new paladin for the black lion as I took his spot for red, to be honest it was very hard to get adjusted to the temperamental lion. Keith on the other hand was beyond stressed about leading the team, he was insecure about not being a good enough leader for us. He would always come to me to vent out his problems, he would then stop himself and apologize for putting it all on me. Of course I would dismiss it and comfort him, since Shiro went missing he had no one he could go to for support.

          I felt two arms snake around my waist and I opened my eyes and gave a soft smile. "Hey Keith..." I whispered and I felt him rest his head at the crook of my neck, his warm breath warming up my cold {S/C} skin. "Hey..." He replied, his deep voice muffled slightly, sending a vibration up my neck. I let my hands rest on his while he hugged me from behind, his body was pressed up against mine. He sighed softly and I leaned my head on his, giving his hands a small reassuring squeeze. "Can I ask you something?" I spoke softly while lifting my head slightly, my gaze on the constellations. "You already did." He replied curtly causing a giggle to leave my lips. He lifted his head and kissed my temple, I sucked in a small breath before speaking up. "Promise me you won't be too reckless in out next mission?" I asked while looking down slightly, my voice barely above a whisper, I felt his arms tighten around my waist slightly. He was silently resigned before answering, "I promise... just as long as you're okay..." He replied, his warm breath sending shivers up my spine, visible goosebumps formed on my arms.

        I felt him turn me around in one swift movement, his arms remained rested on my hips and mine were holding his forearms. My {E/C} eyes clashed with his piercing violet eyes, he pulled me closer until our lips collided into a sweet, long kiss. We pulled away for air and he leaned his forehead on mine, our eyes were closed as we gasped softly from the passionate kiss. "I need you to be safe... if I lose you, I wouldn't have a reason to keep fighting..." Keith's voice was at a soft, low whisper. I hugged him and let my head rest on his chest. A comfortable silence settled among us as we were in eachother's arms under the constellations.

《¤》

        Many Galra soldiers had me surrounded, shooting at a nonstop rate. I clutched my weapon tighter and launched myself towards one, he screamed out as my blade made contact with his chest. I ran behind a pillar for cover and began to communicate through my helmet.

        "Guys I need backup, I can't take all these Galra soldiers out myself."

          I winced as a piece of the pillar broke off from the Galran soldiers shooting at it repeatedly.

        "__________, can you hold out a little longer? We have a handful here too." Pidge sounded like she was struggling with defending herself, I sighed and covered myself as another piece of the pillar broke off and hit my helmet.

          "I'm on my way..." I heard Keith and I felt relief wash over me.

"Oh come on, I want to help _________." Lance whined and I giggled. "Maybe next time tailor." I joked and I could practically hear him smirk.

        I peeked out from behind the pillar and saw the Galra soldiers had pointed their blasters at the Red Paladin who held his sword and shield out. I got up and ran towards him before I felt something swipe my feet out from under me, making me fall to the ground. I grunted as I felt myself being picked up by the collar of my armor, I was met face to face with none other than Prince Lotor himself. He smirked and looked at me pathetically as I bared my teeth in anger, I gripped my sword and swung it towards his head until one of his generals kicked it out of my hand. "My, looks like we have a feisty one..." He smirked and he looked at the general who had knocked my weapon out of my hand, the general had a feline that rested on her shoulder. "__________!" I heard Keith yell out whilst fighting off the soldiers. "Let me go you purple jerk!" I struggled in Lotor's grasp and he merely chuckled. "Narti, hold her." He ordered and the general, Narti, held me in a headlock.

         I struggled and screamed out as a sharp pain was in my shoulder. I watched blood soak into the armor form the corner of my eye, Lotor had dug his knife into my shoulder. He slowly pulled it out, I screamed and cried as the stinging pain increased. Lotor only smiled evilly, I heard Keith yelling out in rage as he finished off the last soldier and ran towards the evil Prince. I felt my throat go raw from all the screaming, I felt something cold press up against my throat, Keith froze. The sharp object began to glide across my skin smoothly, everything was numb before I felt an excruciating pain course through me. I wanted to scream but I choked on an irony substance that tasted much like blood. Narti let my limp body fall as she cleaned her blade off. Keith growled and gripped his Bayard tighter, he bared his teeth and let out a war cry as he charged towards Lotor.

        Lotor dodged his attacks effortlessly, Keith was blind with rage as he striked nonstop, he let out a war cry as he aimed at Lotor's chest with his sword, Lotor stepped to the side and kicked Keith's shin, causing him to gall over. Keith groaned and turned around slowly and Lotor had his blade pointed close to his neck, making the Paladin's breath hitch. Lotor smirked once more, "Tch, Pathetic weakling..." He lowered his weapon and began to walk away, Narti following close behind. Keith laid there in shock. He looked over at __________ and crawled over to her.

       "__-________ Y-you're gonna be okay, p-please get up..." He shook me gently and I fluttered my eyes open. "K-Kieth... it h-hurts..." I whispered out as blood trickled from my shoulder and the side of my neck. His nimble fingers took my helmet off and he tried to wipe the blood off of my chin and mouth. Tears pricked the corners of his eyes, threatening to spill, "J-just hang in t-there okay? E-everythings gonna be okay..." He whispered and I began to wince at the unbearable pain. "Allura! W-we need help, __-______'s has major injuries and is bleeding rapidly..." Keith communicated through his helmet. "Pidge, Hunk, and Lance are on their way!" She sounded worried over the intercom and Keith took his helmet off. He didn't pay any mind to all of the blood that stained his armor and skin.

          "Keith...I'm not g-gonna make i-it..." I weakly whispered, my breaths were slow and weak. I was growing more tired and my body felt cold, I wanted to rest, my body went numb and I couldn't feel the warm blood trickle down my neck. I saw Keith get angry, denying my point, "No, y-you will... just s-stay strong. Hunk, Pidge and Lance are on their way..." He replied as tears cascaded down the sides of his face like little raindrops. I slowly reached up and touched the side of his face, wiping a tear away. He looked at me with wide, pleading, glossy eyes. Those eyes...the ones I fell in love with from the very start, I smiled softly and my eyes began to feel heavy. This was the end... I get to die peacefully in Keith's arms, my time had come.

        "Keith... I-I love you, don't you e-ever forget that o-okay? Keep f-fighting... for me... I love you..."

          I felt my body begin to shut down I closed my eyes and my smile faded, a small tear rolled down my cheek. My hand fell limply from the side of Keith's face and onto my abdomen. Keith began to shake me slightly, calling my name as more hot thick tears rolled down the sides of his face. "__-______... P-please don't leave me... _________, no please!" He began to sob and hugged the limp body, he kissed your lips one last time. Your skin was now pale and felt cold, you were lifeless and he couldn't accept it. He heard his teammates run up to him, calling his name but he only focused on you.

                     "I love you too..."