Love in Rivalry

{Warning: Lots of Swearing... Lots}

         "KEITH YOU FUCKER!"

"SHIT, NO, FUCK, DAMNIT _________!"

        Ah yes, the lovely sound of a couple playing Mario Kart in the livingroom, on the floor of their cozy shared home. A perfect time to play some old video games to wait out a roaring thunderstorm.

"_________, I swear if you use that blue shell-"

"Oh? You mean this one?~"

       My finger hovered over the button as I drove my cart into second place, behind Keith. I saw his face get redder as his patience thinned. I let out a soft giggle and clicked the button, letting the blue shell fly.

     "_________ I TOLD YOU NOT TO- LOOK WHAT YOU DID, NOW I'M IN LAST FUCKING PLACE!" Keith was fuming as his character was recovering from the blow, his thumb rapidly smashing the button on the wii remote.

      "You're overreacting, your in 11th." I smirked in victory, now being in first, I looked over at Keith's screen and saw that Toad had bumped him off to the side, taking him off the track, bumping him into last place. "Now you're in last..." I laughed and he sighed in frustration. "TOAD YOU FUCKING BITCH!"

     "You're so going to pay for this..." He muttered as his character reappeared on the track, his gaze was harder, he was focused and ready to pay you back.

     "Whatever you say...Mullet..." I whispered the last part, but loud enough so he could hear it. Getting him all worked up was one of my specialties, yes I truly am evil. I watched him from the corner of my eye as I took a turn to cross the finish line, final lap.

       The music sped up and Keith had made it into 6th, now 5th. He was quiet, biting his lip and was gripping the remote control tightly in anger.

4th...

3rd...

        I looked at his screen and saw he was now in second and hot on my tail, I let a smirk settle on my lips as he drove up behind me. "I'm surprised you managed to make it to 2nd, it's a shame that we're on the final lap and I'm in 1st." The both of you rounded the corner and there was the finish line, the remotes started to buzz and a icon showed on screen... the blue shell...

     It flew over Keith's character and flew to mine, it hovered over before crashing into mine, right before the finish line.

"FUCKING HELL!"

     "Language _________..."

"FUCKING HECK!"

    Keith smiled in victory as he was about to finish first, his character about to cross the finish line when...

BOOM!

CLASH!

       Lightning lit up the whole living room from outside our window, striking one of the lightposts and making the power go out, the TV flicked off right in the moment where Keith was about to claim victory.

        The two of you sat there, the reflection of Keith stared back at him in defeat. He dropped the remote and threw his head back, a slur of curses leaving his mouth.

    A slur of curses I had never heard in my years of living on this Earth...

      He sat there and his head hung low, I stood up and grabbed the remotes, putting them away, I walked back to his sulking figure and plopped down next to him. I hugged him and kissed his temple, his skin warm against my lips, he was still mad. "Better luck next time, Keith~" I whispered and he looked up at me with a frown. I felt bad for the boy and pulled him in for an apologetic kiss, which he didn't hesitate to kiss back. After pulling away his face regained its normal color despite the faint pink on his cheeks, his hands were now on my hips and mine on his shoulders.

      "Don't think that your gonna get away with this, once the power's back on, I want a rematch..."