Patience

||Drabble||

Keith paced back and forth in his bedroom, many thoughts and emotions clouding his mind, nearly blinding him in rage. He seethed in hatred and sadness, confusion and loss.

The last mission against Prince Lotor was a complete mess, he risked the lives of his team because he was being too reckless and taking matters into his own hands. They all returned to the castle with scars and bruises, even his beloved __________ had gotten hurt because of him. Which is why he blamed himself for being such a terrible leader, he couldn't do it. He vaguely remembered her getting out of the Red Lion, nearly falling over as crimson liquid trickling down her chin from her nose.

She was whip lashed when one of the explosives in the gasous planet went off right in front of her, causing her to hit the back of her head on the seat.
She of course waved it off, saying she was fine but he couldn't handle seeing her in such a state because of him.

His breaths were uneven and his hands were balled up in fists, his face was stern and his eyebrows drawn down. His footsteps became an unmelodic beat.

Step Step Step.

Pause.

Step Step Step.

Pause.

He was frustrated on taking the roll with being the new pilot of the Black Lion, he was confused and scared. He didn't know how he was going to lead when he was known as 'the loner', if only he had Shiro to tell him or at least reassure him, everything would be fine, but he was gone, no where to be seen. Keith's breathes were short and ragged, he was being so consumed up in his own thoughts that he didn't hear the loud knocking on his door.

"Keith..."

A soft voice resonated at the door, pulling him from his thoughts that suffocated him. He looked over at the door and saw her, his _________.

She stood there wearing the suit you would wear in the healing pod, she was panting slightly as if she'd ran from the medical bay, all the way to his room right after she got out of one of the pods.

He gazed at her, getting lost in those glassy eyes. She called out to him once more and approached him, engulfing the frustrated boy in a secure embrace.
A long silence settled in between the lovers, a silence that screamed out a million words. He wanted to say something, anything to let her know that he was okay, but they both knew that he'd be lying.

Keith's head was a stormy sea of jumbled emotions, his heart was being squeezed without release, metaphorically speaking. Tears stung the corner of his eyes, he wanted to break down, he wanted to cry, he wanted to let out any and every bad thing that affected him so much. Being the new leader for Voltron rested heavily upon his shoulders, people turning their backs and abandoning him always left emotional wounds.

He was tired of the facąde, he wanted to finally let out all the pain and hurt he underwent through his childhood up to now.

Keith hugged _________ tighter, she gave him a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder to let him know this was real and he had nothing to lose. Which he did have something to lose, it was her. He didn't want to risk her getting hurt again, especially because of him. He didn't want to let her go, because she was his everything.

His tears now cascaded down the sides of his face and fell onto her shoulder. A pair of lips were pressed onto his cheeks to dry the tears, her eye lashes brushed against his cheekbone and her hands slid up and down his arms.

She whispered sweet nothings into his ear whilst he cried, she encouraged him to let go of anything that pulled him down. She stood by him through it all, she was his stability.

She possessed something that he needed.

Patience.