Operation Win Her Heart

{Requested}

        Keith felt so guilty, how could he even live with himself. She had been ignoring him since they'd gotten in that argument that resulted in him hurting her.

        He tried to talk to her but she would just brush him off like nothing. He deserved it, and he told himself that over and over because he knew she was too good for him to have. She was his delicate rose whom he would protect from who or whatever tried to hurt her. Now because of his actions, she was wilting away, from him.

        Looking at her talk and smile with the other Paladins pained him because he wasn't the one who she would be doing that with, everything she did without him just wrenched and pulled at his broken heart. Seeing the scar on her face was even worse for him, it only reminded him that she had lost his trust. Every night when all the Paladins would go to their rooms for rest, he'd say a simple 'goodnight' or 'I love you' and she'd reply with a meaningless 'goodnight Keith'. He missed hearing her voice, being with her, or even seeing her smile because of him.

        He sighed softly as he lay awake in the darkness of his room, he had been in there for the whole day. It was almost time for dinner, or had it ended already? He didn't know and he could care less. The red Paladin stared blankly at the ceiling while pondering, what was life without her? Meaningless? He shook those thoughts out of his head and smiled sadly to himself.

          "I guess I really am an emo..." He whispered to no one in particular, his smile faded too quickly as loud knocking on his door made him sit up. He quickly slid off of his bed and made his way to the door in only his boxers, hoping it'd be __________, so he could give her a million apologies and treat her like the queen she is.

       He hoped to be met with those gleaming __{E/C}__ eyes and beautiful face, he opened the door and was met with what he didn't want to see or hear from at this time. Lance.

        "Hey Keith, Shiro made me bring you some food since you haven't come out of your cave in all day." He spoke monotonously, his ocean blue hues trailed up to Keith's face and he nearly cringed at his messy bedhead and at the bags that hung under his violet eyes.

      "Woah when was the last time you slept? You look like a wreck." He nearly jumped back.

      "I am a wrec- you know what just get out of here Lance, I don't really want to be bothered right now." He took the plate and water-box from the Blue Paladin and the door was slid closed, until Lance put his hand in between it and the wall, making it open again.

       "Okay listen, I know you miss ________ and all but, are you seriously going to let her slip away like that?" Lance stepped in the room and flicked the lights on. Keith sat on his bed and glared at the Cuban boy, taking a bite of his food goo.

       "I don't need help, especially not from you Lance. Can you leave? The exit is behind you." The half Galran boy pointed at the door and Lance frowned. "I am perfectly aware of that." -he crosses his arms and juts his hip out in a sassy manner- "And you should be totally aware that you need to get over yourself and go out there, apologize to her, and bam! You two are lovebirds again. Unless you want me to have her." Que the sarcastic wink.

        "Go ahead and have her, she isn't mine, she'll never be mine ever again after what I did to her. She hates me and won't let me talk to her." Keith replied solemnly, taking another bite of his goo. Lance groaned and threw his head back.

         "You seriously need to stop." Lance uncrossed his arms and put his hands in the pockets of his jacket. "And I thought ___________ was bad..." He muttered quietly but Keith heard and his head perked up.