I love you.

{Continuation of Recovery}

《Warning: Lime-y?》

        Living day by day without the ability to hear, was exhausting.

       Having to keep in mind that I couldn't speak was taking its toll on me, it was even challenging for everyone else since they couldn't communicate verbally and constantly using up papers to write to and fro.

      After a few weeks, Keith and I came upon a decision.

     We would take classes to learn sign language.

      I, in the upbringing of this idea, didn't want to because one, we were kinda short on money, and two, we had more important matters like rebuilding the damaged cities after the war.

       Keith insisted however, being his stubborn self per usual, but I couldn't blame him. I knew he wanted the best for me and I appreciated that, but I didn't want to burden him despite the countless times he'd reassure me that I wasn't.

       We already had so much on our minds in the aftermath, we couldn't focus too much on officially tying the knot. Everything drained us, I guess it was all part of being an adult...

        The Galaxy Garrison was generous enough to lend us a hand in giving us a home to stay in. It wasn't much but it was something until we stabled our finances. With the state of the world, a job was also something that we had to shove aside. With Keith being the head of Voltron, he was constantly gone during the day, doing whatever Paladin work that had to be done while I had to stay with Krolia (in which Keith had insisted) and help her, alongside many others, repair and clean up the damaged streets.

       I was grateful that Keith insisted that I stay with his mom instead of being at home all day, I guess he knew that I'd get bored and find my way out anyways.

        Every night seemed to be the same however, we'd get home around the same time and collapse on the couch, not bothering to change clothes, and fall asleep until the cycle would repeat again.

      After two or three weeks, we began returning home at an earlier time since there was less work having to be done with time.

      One afternoon when I returned to our small complex, I opened the door and found Keith and Cosmo sitting on the floor beside the coffee table, books strewn all over the place. I raised a brow and Keith opened his mouth to explain, shutting it shortly upon realizing his error.

       He instead stood up and led me into the livingroom, shutting the door behind him and sitting me down. Cosmos tail thumped against the floors, sending vibrations across my body.

     I carefully reached for one of the many books, picking it up and scanning the cover.

          'Sign Language for Dummies'

   I glanced over at Keith who plopped down next to me, giving him a 'are you serious?' Look.

     He shrugged and took the book from my hand, setting it down and grabbing a paper and a pencil, writing almost immediately.

     'The library we helped rebuild was donating books and I figured that I would grab all the ones that taught sign language since I assume classes wouldn't be available anytime soon.'

      Keith scratched the back of his neck, averting his gaze momentarily while I read what he wrote. It was adorable with the lengths he'd go just so he could provide for us, and getting all flustered for it.

        I smiled and rolled my eyes.

   'Yeah but we both know who the real dummy is.'

     I wrote back, pointing back to the book I had previously held.

      He chuckled, I saddened upon hearing nothing but seeing it happen.

       'We can do this, together.'

~•~

      In the past hour going on two, we had memorized half the alphabet, the basic gestures to introducing oneself, and maybe one or two insults.

       We enjoyed every moment of learning together, and for a moment, everything seemed to be okay.

     Cosmo rested peacefully on the floor while we practiced conversing using the gestures, I seemed to get the hang of it more than Keith because of the many times he had mistranslated.

    He'd look into the book and smile at the small gestures used to compliment someone, preferably a loved one.

     He put his palm to his face, fingers outstretched and closing them, gazing at me sincerely.

      I tilted my head in confusion and looked at the page he was on.

          He called me beautiful.

   I felt heat rush to my face, averting my gaze with a dorky smile plastered on my lips.

    I felt his hand on mine, making me look over at him. He leaned in and rested his forehead on mine, pulling me onto his lap.

      We stared into eachother's eyes until I initiated the first move. I fluttered my eyes closed and pressed a butterfly kiss on his warm lips, my arms subconsciously finding their way to encircle his neck. His hands cupped my sides as he deepened the kiss, tilting his head slightly to engage a more intimate vibe.

       My back arched as his teeth grazed my bottom lip, knowing what he wanted, I opened my mouth and granted him access to slide his tongue past my lips, colliding with mine.

     His hands slid down until they began to cup my arse, then my thighs. I was in a state of pure bliss, forgetting for a moment off all that had happened in the past years. In this moment, all that mattered is that I had my soulmate with me, in my arms, and safe.

      His mouth slipped from mine after he had gotten the upper hand, moving down to my neck in which I tilted my head to give him more room.

      He nipped and sucked on my skin, leaving behind pink marks and moving on.

       I wish I could've been able to say his name to encourage him, but given the situation and how heated I felt, I probably was mouthing it but no sound came out.

     Eventually I felt Keith getting all worked up which resulted in him leading me to the bedroom and setting me down on the bed.

       That look in his eyes, so calm, so full of love as he looked down at me.

      He pointed at himself and crossed his arms, then pointing back at me.

                          "I love you."