chapter 16

Alexander

I stand flush against the door of my bedroom as the pounding of my heart threatens to tear my chest open. What the hell is wrong with me?! I cover my eyes with my hands as I stand there in a frozen state of thought and confusion. Why did his touch affect me so much? His fingers barely touched me, nails just barely grazing over my skin. It was all so slight but evidently it was enough to make me feel vulnerable enough to make such an incriminating noise.

I can't stay here. This place is clearly driving me mad. But the question of the hour is however, where could I go? My apartment is still in shambles, the few friends that I had met in those apartments are in the same situation that I am, and I can't got to work due to this foolish ban so even if I found another apartment I wouldn't have the money to pay all the necessary fees to rent it. I'm stuck. The door behind me trembles as three knocks resonate through the wood.

Every muscle in my body goes rigid as I cover my mouth with my hands in an attempt to silence any noise that would alert Jefferson of my presence. I can hear him breathing faintly on the other side of the door. His breath is slow and deep. Small shivers race down my spine as my mind imagines the heat of his breath on my skin. Goosebumps begin to form from the phantom chill that his breath has left behind on my skin. He knocks again and I find myself sinking my teeth into the skin of my hand to stop myself from crying.

"I know that you're in there." He calls through the door. His voice is smooth and has a faint darkness to it, strangely enough his voice reminds me of a deep amber colored honey. "This is the only place that you would go to." My knees tremble slightly as I struggle to keep myself standing and silent. "Why don't you come out and talk to me Hamilton?"

I shake my head from side to side, my hands remaining over my lips. My knees buckle slightly and my foot digs into the wood floor in an attempt to stop myself from falling. The floor creaks slightly as my weight shifts and everything on Jefferson's side of the door falls silent. My heart is threatening to beat its way out of my chest as I wait with baited breath for any sign of his moving away from the door or for him to respond.

"Hamilton, open the door." He says softly. I keep shaking my head in silent response. He doesn't wait for me to reply to his request as he starts to push the door open. I frantically lean against the door, pushing it closed with my body weight. Jefferson doesn't say a word as he uses his own body weight to force the door open. My bare feet slide slowly across the floor as the door is forced open and I am helpless to stop it. "You know, it is rude to lock me out of a room in my own house." He mumbles as he walks into the room, I keep my face turned toward the door to hide my expression from view.

I can feel the harsh burn of my blood underneath my skin as he continues to scold me for my actions. Why can't he just leave me alone? Doesn't he understand that I can't be around him right now? I don't even know why I can't be around him! That's how strange and dire this circumstance truly is.

"I thought that we already determined that not looking at me doesn't work." His voice meets my ears and I feel my entire body flush. Too close. He's too close! I try to inch away from him but his arm on the wall blocks my escape route. "Why in such a hurry?"

"You're too close to me." I mumble as my eyes begin to water with desperation. There are so many conflicting emotions that are raging a war inside of my head. One side wants nothing more than to run far and fast away from here while the other remembers the dream and wants to see if reality is just as good, if not better. I shiver at the thought of his large hands on my body. What the hell is fucking wrong with me?!

"Too close?" He murmurs in thought.

"You're too close!" I snap, faking my usual bravado in an attempt to fool him. To make him take a step back. He remains anchored right behind me, the heat of his body radiating against my back.

"Turn around Hamilton." He whispers.

"No." I mutter quietly.

"Turn around." He whispers into my ear, flames erupt over the fragil skin. I shake my head slowly in response. He huffs a laugh next to my ear, his warm breath washing over the outer shell of my ear. I groan quietly as I try to regain control of myself. Why is he waking up these feelings in me? It isn't fair that it's him! Why does it have to be him?

I am turned around slowly, large hands holding my shoulders firmly as I am forced to be faced in his direction. My eyes remain focused on the floor, analyzing our bare feet. My skin erupts as his fingers grab onto my chin and gently bring my eyes up to meet his. His warm, chocolate color eyes that look at me with such warmth and open curiosity.

Why did it have to be him of all people? Why do I have to be glad that it was him?

"I didn't know that Alexander Hamilton had sensitive ears." He whispers, a small smile curving his lips. My face glows a bright red as I turn my face away from him. He made all that effort just to make fun of me. I shouldn't be surprised but something inside of me aches at the thought. "I'm sorry that I accidentally set you off." I glance over at him curiously as he gives me an apologetic smile.

"Why are we talking about this?"

"Because I want to know why you ran off."

"I was embarrassed. What more reasoning do you want?" I grumble. He frowns before tapping the tip of my ear with his fingertip. I gasp in surprise at the electric sensation that his finger sends radiating through my body. I glare at him but scrunch my eyes shut tightly as he drags his nail over the fragile skin. Breathy gasps escape me as he slowly drags his nail over the sensitive skin. I am so lost in the sensations that I don't even realize that I am pulling Jefferson closer to me.

His caresses pause and I peek out from beneath my lashes and see his eyes staring back at me. My fingers are curled into his shirt, holding him prisoner near me. My eyes widen as I struggle to let go of him and push him away from me.

"You bas-"

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be touched." He whispers softly. Curious fingers gently graze over the outer shells of my ears. Choked off noises escape me as he cradles my ears in his hands, gently applying pressure in all the right places.

"Sto-"I whine. "Don't do that." He smiles at the desperate sound of my whining. His hands continue to toy with my ears and I feel my entire body begin to heat as it craves more contact.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of." He murmurs softly, his voice getting a little deeper than before. "Everyone has their weaknesses." He leans forward and I find my eyes closing in anticipation as his lips latch onto my ear. The warmth of his tongue ghosting along my ear makes me cling onto him desperately. He huffs a quiet laugh into my ear making me shiver before he begins to suck on the tip of my ear lightly.

"D-Don't." I moan. He pushes me up against the wall and ignores me, lustfully sucking at my ear filling it with noises that make my toes curl. "Tho-mm." He chuckles as he places a small bite on the tip of my ear before retreating. His eyes are burning and I like the glow that I see illuminating his iris. We remain frozen like this until he decides to teasingly stroke both of my ears with his fingers again. "Thom-" I whine.

"Yes?" He asks teasingly.

"Please...d-don't do that."

"Why not?" He asks coyly. "You look so happy."

"I-I'm not." I whine, unconvincingly.

"Mmhm." he hums. "Well I am enjoying this."

"Why?"

"You look so vulnerable and sweet." He murmurs. "I rather enjoy seeing you like this."

"D-Don't say that!" I blush.

"But it's true." His fingers pause and my mind begins to clear. "I want to keep you like this."

"Keep me like this?"

"Yes." He breathes. " I want to, but I won't."