Chapter 1: Checking you out? In your dreams, perhaps.

A/N (IMPORTANT) Please read.

First of all, I would like to thank you for reading 'Partners by Chance'. It really means a great deal to me.

Secondly, I'm sorry for any grammatical errors or mistakes. English is not my first language and this is my first book, I started writing when I was fifteen so I've tried to do the best that I can.

Thirdly, none of the photos you see in this book belong to me, I just get them somewhere.

Lastly, this is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents are based on my imagination or used fictitiously.

If anything matches to a real life event, it is as a result of coincidence.

All the writing here is my own work and imaginations so please do not copy because I'll report or sue you if you do.

I for once never thought that I would write a book here on Wattpad but after reading and falling in love with so many books, I decided to write mine.

If you find the first chapters boring, keep reading. I promise it will get better. Thanks again.

Love, Aurum Heart

The outfit above at the beginning of the chapter.

PS: Even though I began writing in February 2018. This story starts in 2017.

Amelia Smith

I am sitting here snapping pictures as I patiently wait for my father to finish a business meeting with one of his clients.

My dad, Edward Smith is one of the richest men in the US. He owns a very large company, Smith International Corporations.

I live in a city located in Connecticut called Bluefall (weird name, I know). The people that live here are mainly rich. I basically know most of the rich families and their children because we all grew up together.

My parents are part of this council which consists of the richest and most powerful people in Bluefall. My friend, Jasmine's dad is the leader because he is the mayor. The council is responsible for taking care of the city and giving help to those who need it. They engage in charity donations, awareness programs, protecting the city, and other things.

My phone starts ringing and I check to see that it's Veronica, my dad's secretary. I guess he's done now.

"Hey, Veronica." I greet her as I answer.

"Amelia, hey. Your father wanted me to inform you that he's done."

"Okay, thanks". I hang up and start walking to the elevator.

Bam!

I hit my head on something very hard.

As cliche as this sounds,

I look up and see the most gorgeous man I've ever seen in my life in his sexy black tailored suit that fits him perfectly and his feet are covered with matching Italian shoes.

He is tall and broad-shouldered with a mop of jet black hair that is neatly styled back and heavy, solemn brows. He has a straight sharp nose with a hard concrete jaw. The look on his face tells me that he is no joke. He is very sophisticated and undeniably attractive.

Wow! Is all I can think.

He is definitely the most handsome man I've ever seen in my entire life. He's beautiful, hot and so damn sexy.

When I look into his eyes, my heart flutters. They are the most beautiful shade of brown under his dark long lashes. The way he stares back at me makes me nervous.