Chapter 34: Brat.

Amelia's closet above.

Amelia Smith

"Amelia?" My mother's head pops out of my bedroom door.

I'm sitting in my bed with my MacBook in front of me, catching up on an episode of Black-ish.

I yawn and pause the show as she comes in. She sits beside me and asks, "How are you, Amelia?"

"I'm good, mum," I answer casually.

"No, you're not, honey."

I look at her in confusion but don't say anything.

"Your father and I have noticed that you've been so distant lately and that's so unlike you. I mean-" She sighs and shakes her head.

"What?"I ask softly.

"You didn't tell me that you're in a relationship with Liam. I had to find out from Diana."

I knew Aunt Diana was going to tell her!

"I wanted to tell you, mum. I just didn't know how." I run my fingers through my hair.

"But that's not you. You tell me everything. Is something bothering you?"

The reason why I've been keeping my distance with my family is that I suck at keeping secrets so I don't want to slip anything about X.

I miss them a lot. Me and my mum used to hang out all the time even though we don't get along sometimes and I have some special days with my dad also.

I bite my lips to hold back my tears but I fail miserably. The tears start flowing. "I'm sorry." I cry and hug her.

She instantly hugs me back. "Please tell me if there's something wrong with you, Amelia." She says.

I open my mouth and I tell her. I tell her what happened with Nicole but I didn't say anything about X or anything related to that. I tell her about Liam and I and how badly I miss him.

"Well, I invited him to dinner." She says.

I widen my eyes at her. "No, you didn't."

"Yes, I did." She smiles.

"When? Because he's in Italy now." I inform her.

"So what are you going to do about your friendship with the girls?" She asks brushing off what I said.

I fix my sitting position and hug a throw pillow.
"I don't know." I shrug.

"Well, if you want my advice: try apologizing to her again and explain your reason clearly because I personally think that you did the right thing by keeping Jamie's secret because it wasn't yours to tell."

"Yeah," I say.

"Well, I better go to the kitchen and check on the chef. Come downstairs for dinner by seven." She kisses my cheeks and leaves.

I grab my phone and text Liam.

Me: Why didn't you tell me that Elle invited you for dinner?!!!

I wait for his reply but it doesn't come so I go back to watching my show.

****

It is now dinner time, I enter my closet to choose what to wear because I just showered.

I just decide to wear something comfortable so I take a pair of leggings and a black long sleeve.

I get dressed and pull my hair into a messy bun. My mum is not going to be pleased with my look but I really don't care.