Chapter 19: Sweetheart.

Mae's sleepover above.

Amelia Smith

A million thoughts come running through my head. What is he going to say? He and I have a complicated relationship.

We've kissed more than once but we still haven't spoken about it. He hasn't asked me out or anything either.

I don't know where we stand and now that I've mentioned Camilla, he says he wants to tell me something.

Is he still in love with her?

"Amelia." Liam's voice startles me.

"Huh?" I look at him, confused.

"You spaced out."

"Sorry." I smile at him sheepishly.

He stares as me as if he was examining something before holding my hands in his.

"What I was going to say is this: Camilla and I, are history. Whatever I felt for her is in the past so I don't want you to worry yourself when she says she wants to talk to me." Liam speaks as if he's read all my thoughts and worries and honestly, this exactly what I needed to here.

He stares at me, rubbing circles on my hand as if he's waiting for my reply.

"I wasn't worried." I lie, not knowing what else to say.

He gives me a stern look, telling me to say the truth.

"Fine, I was." I admit and look down.

"Sweetheart." He says softly, raising my head to look at his handsome face.

"She and I haven't spoken since we broke up and that was like three months ago. I know we dated for over a year but you should know that what ever feelings I had for her are nothing compared to the feelings I have for you now." He adds looking at me intensely.

HE HAS FEELINGS FOR ME!!!

I'm sure by now, I'm grinning like a creep. My heart is beating so fast

"You have feelings for me?"

"Yes, sweetheart I do. I like you a lot." He smiles.

Oh My God! I think I'm going to die of happiness.

"Okay." I smile. I'm not going to say it back. He kept me in the dark for so long, it would be okay to torture him a little bit, right?

"Okay. So you're going to act all cool and not say it back?" He stares at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Did it ever occur to you that you're feelings might not me mutual with mine?" I smirk.

"I know you like me back, Amelia. It's written all over your face, just say it." He gives me his own smirk.

"Your arrogance is unhealthy." I roll my eyes at him before getting up from the bed.

I go downstairs and I see a girl around Mae's age in the kitchen, trying to reach for a bowl.

"Hi!" She greets me with a smile.

"Hey! What's your name?" I smile back at her.

"Leila." She replies. I take the bowl and pass it down to her.

"I'm, Amelia. You must be Mae's friend." I sit on a stool, trying to grow a conversation.

Way to state the obvious, Amelia! Of course she's Mae's friend.

Why else would she be at your house at 9:30pm?

"Yes, I am and I know who you are. I literally want to be like you when I grow up! You're like my role model." She says.