Chapter 42: What's going on?

Amelia's outfit above.

Amelia Smith

"Can I have my phone back?" Adam asks. I can sense anger in his tone and from the look in his eyes.

I'm still in shock, trying to process the fact that he is the thirteenth person on X's list. Why him? I thought it was just between us, university students. Why is the richest bachelor in Connecticut part of the thirteen people?

I stand up from the chair and go over to the door, where he's standing to give him his phone. I hand it to him and he literally snatches it.

"You... um, have a message from X." I try to sound as casual as possible.

His body freezes but his eyes don't hold any emotion. "Okay." He says.

I cross my hands over my chest and analyze his beautiful face. His chocolate brown eyes are gazing into mine. There's a few strands of his jet black hair across his forehead and there's his hot stubble.

"So you also receive messages from X?" I speak.

He sighs and closes his eyes in frustration. "Smith, I have to work. Can you please leave?" He says politely in his husky voice.

Let me clarify something so that you don't take this the wrong way. I am not attracted to Adam nor am I in love with him. I love Liam and that's never going to change but no girl in this world would deny how hot and handsome Adam Black is. I don't even understand how a human could be this handsome unless...... unless he is a vampire.

Yes, that may explain his weird personality and why he's so fucking mean.

"Adam, you're the thirteenth person. I can't leave till we talk!" I say.

He looks up from his phone and meets my gaze. "What does that mean?"

I take a deep breath. "A few months ago, Brian, Tyler, Jacob, Colton, Nicole, Ian, Rob, Emily, Liam and I received a message from the X saying he or she is glad to see the ten rich kids hanging out but he or she has thirteen names though."

He just stares at me, blankly, waiting for me to continue perhaps.

"After a while, Jasmine and Nicole got hurt by 'the X' and that's how we found out that Jasmine is the eleventh person then at the council's ball, Nicole found out the Camilla is the twelfth and now you are the thirteenth."

"I know that Jasmine is the mayor's daughter. He told me when she got hurt but who is Nicole?"

I roll my eyes. "Nicole Taylor. John and Michelle Taylor's daughter."

He nods his head. "How about Emma?"

"E-mi-ly. Emily Parker. Andrew and Jessica Parker's daughter. Then Camilla George, Liam's ex. I can't remember what her parents' names are and I'm Amelia Smith if you don't know that also."

"I do not know how my brother puts up with you. You are so annoying." He says, clearly annoyed by me.

I look up and give him one of my hardest glares. He just walks to his desk and sits on the chair. I turn around and raise my eyebrow. "So you are saying that all the people on the list's parents are part of the council." He says.

I sigh. "That's not the point, Adam. If X is targeting the council's children, why isn't Mia on the list or Aaron or Hannah or whatever?!"

"Are you sure that it is not a prank? Or one of your stupid fans?"

"Nicole and Jasmine were hurt, Adam!"

"It is Mr. Black to you."

"Ughhh! Why are you being so God damn frustrating?!" I yell in frustration.