Chapter 20: I love you, guys.

The family dining room above.

Amelia Smith

"When is it?" I ask Ivory over the phone.

"In two weeks."

"Ok."

"Don't say okay, Amelia! Say you WILL COME." She yells at me, emphasizing the last two words.

"Geez, calm down. I will." I said.

"Good and don't forget to bring Liam with you." She commands and I roll my eyes.

"I told you I can't ask him to be my date, Ivory. We're not even together yet nor has he asked me on a date." I groan as I hop on my bed.

"You said he asked you out. Don't you want to introduce me to him?"

Gosh!

"Of course, I do. He asked me to go out and hang out not on a date." I clarify.

"For someone with a 3.9 GPA, you sure are stupid." She mumbles.

"What?!"

"Nothing, just make sure you bring him okay." She says and hangs up.

Ivory called to inform me about her engagement which in New York apparently. I still can't believe she's going to get married soon. She's going to be a beautiful bride, I know that. I'm too tired to think about the fact that she wants Liam to come.

I sigh and roll in my bed. Today is Friday and I'm so exhausted. I close my eyes and wait for sleep to come.

"Oh My God! SHE'S SLEEPING!!!" I hear Emily exclaim.

"WHAT? Who sleeps the day before their first date?" Nicole says shocked.

I guess I'm not getting my beauty sleep.

****

"I'm not wearing that!" I cringe at the green dress in Emily's hand.

"But it's a lovely dress." Her face drops.

Nicole and Emily literally dragged me out of my bed so that we can go to the mall and shop for the dress I'm wearing tomorrow. Nicole thinks that I need to look 'ravishing' because it's my 'first date'. It's not really, I've gone on more dates than I can count.

Liam is not the first guy I liked. I liked or even loved Jason who was my first and only boyfriend. We dated for a year and a half before he moved to England with his family in my senior year at high school. I was heartbroken when he left but after a while, I got over him. One of the reasons was I had the best summer of my life after graduation which made me forget about a lot of things in my life.

Jacob, Tyler, Nicole, Emily, Jamie, we were all together. I smile at the memory of us partying in LA. Those were good times.

I look at Nicole who is speaking with the shop assistant. She is nodding her head as the man shows her each of the clothes that are on the rack in front of them.

From the way Emily is blushing, it's obvious that she's on the phone with Colton.

Some few minutes later, Nicole throws a greenish-blue dress at me. "Go try this on and I'm not taking no for an answer."She says.

I go into the changing room and strip off my clothes. I change into the dress and surprisingly, I like it. It's absolutely perfect.

 It's absolutely perfect