Adopted By Demi Lovato

Kaitlyn’s POV

I guess I should tell you a little bit about myself, right? Well.. I am a fourteen year old girl, I love to play sports, I love to sing and dance, I am a trouble maker. I have no clue who my mom or dad are. I love to listen to: Demi Lovato, Jake Miller, The Wanted, 5SOS, Ariana Grande, Austin Mahone, BTR, Miley Cyrus, Cher Lloyd, Havana Brown, Imagine Dragons, Paramore, Jake Owen, Jason Aldean, Little Mix, 5H, Olivia Holt, Selena Gomez, P!nk, Panic! At the Disco, Taylor Swift, Green Day, Hunter Hayes, Nickleback, MKTO, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Plain White T's, Eminem, Katy Perry, Iggy Azelea, Ariana Grande, Bea Miller, Christine Perri, Emblem3, Flo Rida, and Shakira, just to name a few. I am very artistic..I am learning to draw but I love photography. Oh, yea and I am super nervous. Today was the day. I meet my new parents or my new mom or dad. You see I live in a orphanage, “Saint Michael’s Safeway for the Lost” to be exact its located in Los Angeles, California. Hey there my name is Kaitlyn Jennifer and I am just 14  years old, I have no last name because my parents left me at a fire station when I was just a few days old. I guess they weren’t ready to be parents yet but they wanted me to have a good life so they gave me up, I wonder if they miss me. To bad that they wanted me to have a good life and I haven't. I wanted someone to love me. I am a depressed kid, I used to cut, I barely eat because I get bullied. Do not get me wrong, I do not want want your pity. Thats the last thing I want. Yesterday was interview day, the day after Interview day is known as introduction day and the hour of goodbyes. It’s the day you meet your new parent or parents, they never tell us who adopted us until today. Interview Day is the day I dread the most every month because I have to interview with a whole lot of couples or singles that want to adopt and every time nobody wants me, because of who I am as a person.  I am known as a trouble maker. Once I punched a girl in the nose and broke it because she was being a snob…not to me but just a snob in general and I had enough of her and her snobbish attatuide. So, I have a little bit of any anger issue..so what?. Once the prospective adopters hear that, it usually sends them running for the hills. But for one person it didn’t. That one person is the one the only DEMI LOVATO.  Yes, I freaked out when I first saw her because she is one of my few idols but I had to keep it cool. Calm Down Kate you are going to scare her away, and you want to get adopted right?

Today at breakfast I was told that somebody wanted to adopt me and to go pack my bags. So here I am in my room…packing my few things. I have five bags for close, one big bag for all my sports equipment, one for my music and a small bag for my laptop and books and two for my clothes.  You see life at “Saint Michael’s Safeway for the Lost” wasn’t too bad; it was actually fun for the most part. I mean yea they make you go to school and do chores but they fed us good food and take amazing care of us and gave most of us a laptop and let us play sports and instruments and signed us up for any class if you behaved and were respectful. The people who ran it were amazing too. They were so nice and caring. Even though I am a trouble maker I still get rewards for being respectful and doing what I’m supposed to do.  Soon I hear a knock on my door telling me that my adopter is here thus beginning my hour of goodbyes. I descend the stairs to the main room with all my bags to say my goodbyes and leave with my new parent(s). I never thought I would be adopted but here I am being adopted. I make my way around the room to talk to a few people for the last time ever. I say goodbye to them for the final time, then I turn to go to the stair case and go to my new home. At the stair case I meet my adopter and you would never believe who I saw standing there, the one the only DEMI LOVATO!!! I can’t believe it Demi Lovato adopted me.

Demi’s POV

Today is the second ever Lovatic Day. I am two years clean from self harm, purging and any drug use. Lately I have been especially lonely, I am single and I am 20 years old. I grab my phone and call my best friend Marissa and talk to her.