1. Besties and New York City

After long 22 hours long flight, a pretty looking over enthusiastic girl drenched with sweat finally landed in her dream city - New York City. Calling out for a cab after checking out from an arrival area of the John F. Kennedy International Airport, she dumped her both 'heavy' labeled check-in in the rear storage of the car and placed her tote and backpack on the back seat of the car, she thereby fasten her seatbelt after settling herself on the front seat. She instructed the driver the address. Within 15 minutes, she reached at her destination. Managing herself along with all bags to the second level, she ran out of breath as she rang bell of the apartment.

The leaseholder of the apartment opened the door and questioned 'Yes?' Panting badly, she managed to speak 'A... A. Arr. Aradhana here.' 'Girl, you were supposed to call me on reaching airport. Dude, just look at yourself. Crazy woman, come in' a girl at the other end managed to grip her bags with care and let everything inside the apartment. She headed to the kitchen to hand her a glass of water and she followed like a puppy.

'Dude, are you serious? Tap water for drinking purpose. Don't you people have purifier at the apartment?' Aradhana was amused to see Sonal pouring tap water in the glass. 'Hello Ms. Sophisticated. People here drink water directly from fountain. Consider yourself lucky as I am offering you water in a glass. People don't do so. Darling, get used to this. You are my roommate not guest' Sonal replied as she offered Aradhana a glass full of water. Aradhana nodded her head as she drank water. Sonal replicated her actions as she folded her arms crossed her chest leaning against kitchen platform. Aradhana spoke up as she washed her used glass in the sink 'By the way, what do you like?' 'Sex and Guys' came a prompt reply from Sonal taking Aradhana aback. Before Sonal could speak further, Aradhana added 'I assume you were born in wrong country. You were born to be an American. You just said 'that thing' in front of me. Argh! That's disgusting' 'Ma'am, it's sex not that thing. Moreover, don't you think you should be more specific about what you ask?' Sonal responded to her words with an ease.

Avoiding the topic which will lead to nowhere, Aradhana switched to her question and altered it 'Sonal, I want to know about your interests in food.' 'Dude, tell me. Since how long do you know me? You tell me now. I want to know right away' Sonal raised her brows. 'Umm, I think more than 10 years.' Aradhana took a moment before she answers. 'And. You don't know how foodie i am. To top this up, you are asking me absurd question, silly girl' Sonal flared her nose. Aradhana struck out her palm. She rushed in the living room to take out the box of homemade thepla(spicy round bread) rolled with spice of mango pickle and grounded peanuts. Aradhana forwarded the box to Sonal. Sonal on the other hand took one roll in her unwashed hand. This made Aradhana frowned 'Dude, manners!' Sonal ignored her words and opened the refrigerator to get out cold taco. Sonal placed the taco in a microwave for 30 seconds. At the beep, Sonal took out the taco and forwarded the taco in exchange to thepla 'I just bought tacos for my lunch. I was too full with 2 so kept remaining in the refrigerator. I think I am sorted for the day.' Aradhana took out the plates from the cabinet as she said 'Lady, I think you forgot all the manners. Let me remind you! You should serve food on the plate before consuming it. Now ..' Aradhana was above to touch the thepla from the box when Sonal slapped the back of her palm. 'Sona, don't baby. This will get spoiled and won't last for long if you keep putting your dirty hands in it' Aradhana reasoned out. 'Who said this will last for days? If it's in Sonal's hand, it won't take long to empty this box' Sonal responded in a quick.

'From introvert types to a bold woman. What a change!' Aradhana exclaimed. 'That's an effect of States.' Sonal said with a wink and continued 'You arrived in States a way before your orientation. Please wind up all your important work by tomorrow itself. First thing first, get your i-20 signed by one of the advisor in International Student Service Center. It's an important thing. You better don't miss on that. Get your identity card as well. I am pretty sure you will be confused. So, let's do a thing. I got my classes from 8.55 am to 10.30 am. So be there by 11 am. I will whats-app you the shuttle schedule.I will not only be your tour guide and show you around university but also supervise in your work.' 'It seems like MTNL's modem just caught the speed of China's fastest bullet train. I am not so surprised' Aradhana taunted Sonal. They munched their last meal of the day together and talked for a while before dozing off to sleep. 

Yeah

Yeah. You read that right. So, enjoy reading. :)