48. Escort At Night

Sonal's plan was executed smoothly. Sonal and Ajay left in morning while Abhay in evening, a day prior to Aradhana's parents departure. Next morning, Aradhana's parents departed for India. Aradhana was in tears when she saw retreating figure of her parents. Before Shailesh could caress her back, Rudra side hugged her 'Aru. Don't worry. They were so proud of you. Uncle told me yesterday - 'Aradhana is our only child. She made me realized, she is not only my daughter but also my son.' Those words gave me a feeling of contentment.' 'Rudra' Aradhana buried her face in his chest.

Shailesh retracted his hand away from Aradhana's back and walked towards desk to get his boarding pass for his flight to California.

'I have a surprise for you in evening.' Rudra whispered. Rudra dropped Aradhana home and drove for his urgent office work. Aradhana guessed, it's going to be a date night. Aradhana scanned through her wardrobe excitedly to find perfect dress for night. Finally, she choose one after forty minutes. She tied her hair into a messy bun and worked on her forthcoming project.

Around half past seven in evening, Rudra messaged Aradhana 'Baby. I'll be late by 30 minutes.' After reading the message, Aradhana realized she was supposed to be ready before Rudra come home. She quickly dashed into restroom and took a hot shower. At stroke of fifteen past eight, Rudra unlocked the door and laid on the mattress with eye closed.

Aradhana stepped out the restroom. She looked stunning in off shoulder orange floral print knee length black dress. She applied minimal makeup: foundation, concealer and brush. She completed her look with winged eyeliner and flamingo shade lip gloss. She left her hair open. 'Rudra, ready?' Aradhana searched for her footwear.

Entranced by her beauty, Rudra wondered 'Why is she dressed so neatly?' 'Rudra' Aradhana broke his thought and continued 'Don't say me you forgot about the surprise.' 'What surprise?' Rudra massaged back of his neck. 'The one you told me in morning' Aradhana found her footwear, turned towards him and dropped her footwear down. 'Aradhana. I'm super tired. I need rest. Can we go tomorrow?' Rudra yawned as he spoke. 'Tomorrow. Really?' Aradhana forwarded a printed sheet to Rudra. Rudra wide opened his eyes 'Fuck. I thought my flight is day after tomorrow. It's tomorrow morning at 10.50 am. Aradhana, you are saviour.' Rudra hugged her. Pressing her lips tight, Aradhana patted his back. 'It's okay. I'll change and cook something for you. You freshen up yourself.' Aradhana suggested.

'No. We are going out. I'll be ready in five' Rudra took his pair of clothes and rushed into bathroom. He didn't gave Aradhana a chance to convince him. Stepping out, Rudra looked dashing in olive green full length t-shirt and black denims. He sat on chair, bent his torso to tie his lace of shoes. Aradhana couldn't take eyes off him. 'Why does he always make me weak in my knees? His mere presence makes me giddy.' Aradhana's thoughts broke with snapping sound of Rudra's thumb and finger.

She held his collars and pulled him closer, slid one of her hand between his hairs caressing and other wrapped around his neckline. She tiptoed herself high to match his level 'Were you this hot all this long?' Aradhana looked straight into his eyes. Rudra held her waist tight 'Were you this beautiful all this long?" Aradhana blushed over his compliment. 'Why don't we stay back and have fun here?' Aradhana winked. 'Your idea is so mainstream. Let me do something exquisitely for you.' Rudra kissed over her nose. 'Let's go!' Rudra tugged his arms around hers. 'Wait. Let me wear my footwear' Aradhana quickly wore her wedge.

Locking the apartment, they marched downstairs. Rudra drove the car to a place, known to Aradhana. The car halted in parking area of the Empire State building at twenty first hour of the day - closing time of the building. Rudra pushed past Ardhana as he rushed towards the security officer. 'Sir Please. Let us in. I need just 2 mins. Please sir. I know it's closing time.' Rudra looked at people coming outside. 'Sir, please. Just 2 mins.' Rudra continued pleading. Aradhana reached the spot. 'Sir, you have to be quick. We are shutting down the building in 5 minutes' The security officer instructed Rudra.

Before Aradhana could ask anything, Rudra grabbed her hand and rushed towards elevator. Seeing no one at ticketing area, it added a leverage to Rudra's situation. Rudra made Aradhana run like a crazy so that they don't caught for not carrying ticket. To his luck, Rudra had tickets which were issued two days prior but invalid. In case they get caught, Rudra could fool around officer. Aradhana huffed badly as they reached 102nd floor.