4. A Dollar Is So Expensive

'Babes, did you decide anything?' Sonal asked this for nth time past 5 minutes. Aradhana was busy scanning the menu board. After few minutes, Aradhana decided for fried rice taking Sonal by shock. Aradhana gave 'What are you so surprised for?' look to Sonal. 'Are you serious, baby? You will have fried rice. I hope you know it contains scrambled eggs' Sonal informed Aradhana. 'No. No. No. Noways. I am not having that.' Sonal gave a denial nod. Before Aradhana get back to menu board, Sonal spoke 'Babes. Not again. You are taking forever to decide. Let me order something for us' Sonal called for the guy across the grill station who was busy taking the orders of the customers.

'Firstly, you are hungry. Secondly, you don't want to eat egg. It makes me wonder how will you survive here. Lastly, I will make sure you start having eggs within a week by hook or crook.' Sonal was adamant. 'Fuck off, you bitch. You just want to baptized me for no reason. I am happy to be vegetarian.' Aradhana just like an enraged wolf scolded Sonal making her numb. Sonal ordered for two grilled cheese panini. 'Fuck' Aradhana exclaimed and added further in her native language 'Are these people out of their mind? Just a simple cheese sandwich for 260 inr and 2 for 520 inr. Crazy. In my hometown, I would have treat you with 10 vada pavs (Indian Burger), 20 plates of pani poori (spicy water balls), 5 icecreams and taken care of our travelling expenses as well. An American Dollar is so damn expensive, man!' All Indians around her chuckled while Sonal facepalmed herself. 'Dude, just calm down. It's just a cultural shock' Sonal pacified Aradhana who reverted 'Cultural shock. Laugh out loud. Technically, I will land up in a financial crisis in few days. '

As Sonal and Aradhana is discussing about dollars, Melissa spots her old employee and calls her out 'So-Oh-An-Uh-Al' 'Damnit! This lady messed up my name again' Sonal spoke beneath her breath only audible to Aradhana who giggled softly at funky pronunciation of Sonal's name. 'Hey So-Oh-An-Uh-Al, what's up these days?' Melissa thought to catch up with Sonal's recent activities. 'Hey Mels, I am doing good. I just placed an order for two grilled cheese panini. Are you taking care of grill station for the day?' Sonal was prompt with her reply. 'Not really. Rebecca is off for the lunch. So supervising here for sometime. A newbie?' Melissa looked in Aradhana's direction who is patiently waiting for her expensive lunch. 'Oh yeah! My best friend forever. She just joined the university for this fall term to pursue her graduate study' Sonal introduced Aradhana to Melissa.

'Well, do you have a vacancy for this term? Actually she is looking for a part time on-campus job.' Sonal spoke to Melissa on Aradhana's behalf. 'If she is affirmative, you are all set' Sonal whispered to Aradhana and Aradhana simply nodded. 'I hope she has her class schedule.' Melissa confirmed. 'Yes, of course.' Sonal answered while Aradhana contradicted Sonal's statement 'No, I don't!' Melissa didn't get a single word they said in the air of confusion. 'Stop acting like an idiot. You do want a job, don't you?' Sonal murmured. She received an approval nod from Aradhana. Before Aradhana could speak anything, Sonal forwarded her identity card and commanded 'Take the order. Pay at the billing station using my identity card. Make sure the person selects Food Debit as a payment option. Take a seat. I will be right back. Not a single word from you.' 'I guess Martin is at billing station. Ask your friend to grab one application form and fill it. You come with me' Melissa pitched her suggestion to Sonal as Aradhana took a leave with two plates of grilled cheese panini.

Aradhana walked towards the small table outside dining area to place the plates. She walked back to the billing station to make payment and take the application form. 'Martin?' Aradhana confirmed. 'Yeah! How may I help you?' Martin approved. 'Actually I was looking for an application form. Could I please have one?' Aradhana asked. Martin nodded and forwarded an application form.

Aradhana's phone beeped with Sonal's message 'There will be Availability section in a form. Put as I say.' Another message beeped in with availability which Aradhana is supposed to mention on the form. 'Monday: 8 am to 11 am Tuesday: 9 am to 2 am Wednesday: 8 am to 11 am Thursday: 9 am to 2 am Friday: 8 am to 10.30 am & 3.30 pm to 10.00 pm Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm. Number of Hours To Be Worked: 12' Then came in warning from Sonal 'Don't use your brains so much. I know schedule of graduate of Information Science & Technology Department.

Who all agree with my Aradhana's declaration - 'A dollar is so expensive'? 

Did she give enough justification to her bestie? Sonal must be superb embarrassed because of Aradhana's first panic attack in public

Did she give enough justification to her bestie? Sonal must be superb embarrassed because of Aradhana's first panic attack in public. *lolz* I personally like this scene. What about you guys? Let me know in comments. *heart* *heart*

If this chapter was up to your mark, do vote and comments. Critics are more than welcome. Have an awesome evening with your family and friends. A very Good night to my people.