7. Secret is Out!

Aradhana's mind pondered over Sonal's afternoon act at Dining Hall followed by conversation with an unknown guy and a sudden change of her attitude later as they had their late evening supper together. 'We do enough food for one more person' Sonal's words brought Aradhana back. She simply nodded. Sonal kept her half-completed food in the refrigerator and walked into her room. Aradhana once thought to pester Sonal. On second thoughts, she dropped the plan realizing it's not a good idea and Sonal will tell her eventually.

Aradhana completed her dinner and washed her dishes. She too stepped in her room and neatly arranged bed sheet on her mattress placed over a bed frame. Switching on the laptop, she sat on the bed and began surfing over the net randomly. She engrossed herself as she researched about the Fall term's courses and it's related professors, too. Two voices from adjacent room presumably broke fixation from her work.

'Just shut up! Don't you dare to point my faults. You so well know I am nowhere at fault. You shouldn't have said that' Sonal yelled. 'Sonal. Oh come on. Stop acting like a kid' Aradhana could hear a guy's voice. 'Is it? I am acting like a kid. Who was acting like a kid in the morning? Because of you, Aradhana waited for me so long. Do you even know? Luckily, Abhay kept her engaged. No matter how much time I give you, it's never enough for you.' Sonal counterattacked him. There was a sudden silence in the midst of heated argument. As Aradhana wondered about silence, she heard Sonal 'No. No. Not this time, Ajay. This is not always the way to make up to the damage you do.' It seems Sonal is protesting against something. After few minutes, Aradhana felt embarassed to hear Sonal's moans, groans and giggles. Aradhana decided to sleep not only because of awkwardness but also body pain. Aradhana exerted herself too much in past 48 hours after she landed in United States of America.

After a long time Aradhana got a good sleep, finally. An hour long bathe rejuvenate her. Aradhana kept her wet hairs open. It was a pleasant morning plus weekend. Aradhana wore a white leggings and plain red round neck sleeveless short kurti. The coffee table in the living area was redesigned into mini temple by Sonal. Aradhana sat in front of it with legs folded and offered her prayers. Few minutes later, Sonal slowly tip toed herself out of her room slowly shutting the door while Aradhana sincerely adhere herself to her prayers. Aradhana's fixation was broken by someone's presence in the room. Aradhana turned herself towards Sonal who smiled like an idiot, looking at the door.

First few calls by Aradhana were ignored by Sonal. 'Sonal' Aradhana shouted at her sending a shiver down her body. 'How come your voice is so loud?' Sonal whispered as she sat besides Aradhana, legs folded. 'Why are you whispering?' Aradhana whispered back. Sonal blushed and gave a nod of denial making Aradhana suspicious. 'In that case, I want something from your closet. Shall I go to your room?' Aradhana played her card well. 'No. No. No.' Sonal asked her to sit back when Aradhana decided to stand up.

'Is someone there?' Aradhana raised her brows. Sonal looked blank. 'I will go to your room and see it by myself' Aradhana was determined. 'Stop threatening me like goons. What's wrong with you?' Sonal seeks for a peace. Hey. That's supposed to be my question' Aradhana corrected Sonal and added 'Speak up quickly'

'I am in a relationship with Ajay' Sonal finally confessed. 'And?' Aradhana questioned. 'We have been together since past 5 years. You remember a guy from Electronics Department who was cultural head. I am in love with him. His name is Ajay. Ajay Patil. He is the one in the room' Sonal finally spoke about her boyfriend.

'How did you guys meet?' Aradhana was curious to know. 'You remember Deekshita.' Sonal helped Aradhana recollecting their undergraduate years. 'Oh yaa. I do. The one from Civil Engineering department with a long nose who stays at Malad' Aradhana recalled her. 'I attended her elder brother's wedding reception years back. I met Ajay when Deekshita's brother introduced us. Ajay and Deekshita's brother were in the same team in Accenture - Bangalore branch. I had plans to pursue my Masters from States. When Ajay flew down to Delhi to attend his teammate's wedding, he had completed his first semester as a graduate student in States. This was common between us. He inclined me more to pursue Masters from States. He guided me throughout the procedure right from application to getting into his university. He has been with me in my thick and thin. These years brought us closer something beyond friendship. That's how we landed up together and for each other.' Sonal finished her narration. 

Holding  the sword, Aradhana be like: How dare he steal my bestie? :P 

Sonal be like: Calm down lady :P :D 

So guys, how was it? Did you guys like Sonal's little secret? Who all want to calm Aradhana down? I am pretty sure she is furious with both : bestie and bestie's guy.  

Every amateur writer needs motivation and support. They except readers to do the same. So, please vote and comment. 

I apologize in advance as next update will be posted on Saturday. Blame my schedule. I am really sorry for keeping you waiting. Good night fellas :)