41. All About Disclosures

Though Rudra bashed Aradhana, she simply stared at his face as it might be last time she would see Rudra in person. As the flight landed on the runway of John F. Kennedy International Airport, she revoked herself from Rudra's thoughts and memories he gave her. Surely, it hold a special place in her life and heart.

She booked a cab via Uber App to her apartment. After unpacking and organizing her stuffs in her wardrobe, Aradhana decided to take a hot water shower to overcome her tiredness.Dabbing her wet hairs with towel, Aradhana stepped out of the restroom. She wore a white tee she got from Yahoo! at career fair for free with red shorts. She checked her phone and saw a missed call from Rudra.

She put towel over chair and called Rudra back as she sat on her mattress. 'Model No. 1503-150/62. Band Material is Crocodile leather. Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal. Swiss watch label. The material of case and bezel is stainless steel. Marine Chronograph Manufacture watch by Ulysse Nardin. Do you even know the cost of this watch?' Rudra's line was connected.

'Yes, I definitely know the cost of the watch' Aradhana replied. 'Aradhana, you don't have to bestow me with an expensive gift.' Although Rudra was in love with this watch, he didn't like an idea of Aradhana's careless spending on him. 'It's a small token of love, my boyfriend' Aradhana justified.

'It's not a love if it's tokenized in form of money and gifts. Love is a coterie of understanding each other, respect for each other, support for other half, care one have for his/her other half. Love for each other when shown to the world defines public display of affection. Got it, my love?' Rudra explained Aradhana.

Aradhana smiled sheepishly over Rudra's definition of love. Rudra continued 'Aradhana. Listen to me. I have something important to discuss. I know I have been hiding this since long. I just can't hold back anymore' 'What is it? Your words are scaring hell out of me' Aradhana interrupted. 'Let me finish, please' Rudra pleaded. 'Go ahead!' Aradhana gave a green signal.'Here's a thing. I suppose I have to leak out our news. News of Rudra being in relationship with Aradhana. Especially to my parents. The reason is, they are looking for my future prospects.' Rudra was interrupted by Aradhana.

'How can you just ask me to marry you? It has just been seven months. We are in a phase of knowing each other. I suppose you forgot about me. I just completed two year in United States. I need more an year to complete my Master's degree. After which, I might need at least six months to settle with job. Marriage is not cards for next two years, at least'. Aradhana panicked.

'If I'd have been there, I'd have cupped your face and told you to setback.' Saying so, Rudra passed a kiss voice over phone. 'I'm well aware about the situation at your end. I have to convince my parents, I'm seeing a girl here in United States. It would take another year and half to know more about her. Rest of it can be planned at later stage. Aru, you got my point. Right?' Rudra clarified.

'Okay' Aradhana agreed sadly. 'Aru, I don't like this tone of yours. Trust me, everything will be fine. I'm pretty sure you will be tired. Have something and go to sleep. Good night, love.' Rudra assured Aradhana. 'Good night. Sleep well' Saying so, Aradhana disconnected the call.

Getting back to study was easy but getting back to university was equally difficult task. She knew someday or other, she has to face Shailesh. Aradhana limited her conversation with Shailesh though they were in constant. Rudra advised her to take two course, put project on hold and apply for full time equivalency (The ratio of the total number of paid hours during a term by the number of working hours in that term). 

Aradhana followed his words. Aradhana was offered a position of Information System Analyst - Intern at FedEX located at Austin. Rudra insisted her to take up this opportunity. Sonal was excited as Aradhana would be her roommate for summer.

Completing her summer internship on a good note after achieving 3.32 GPA for Spring semester, Aradhana braced herself for last semester of her masters program. Coming back to New York City, Aradhana engrossed herself in her on-campus job and capstone project.

A week later, Aradhana ran into Shailesh at fourth floor of library. 'I want to talk. Have you booked any of the room?' Shailesh initiated conversation. Aradhana nodded and guided him to the room where she was busy with grading of IST 231 course of undergrads. 'I have a news for you' Shailesh sounds excited.

'And what's that?' Aradhana didn't bother diverting her focus away from her laptop. 'I secured a full time job at Agilent Technologies located in Santa Clara as a Application Developer. I'll be moving to California soon. I was wondering if we could spend some time together.' Shailesh broke the news. 'Heartiest congratulations to you! I hope you do great in your life. I wish you best of luck for your future endeavors. But, as far as spending time with you is concerned, I have to think upon it. Rather, I would say, I have to ask my boyfriend for his suggestion' Aradhana congratulated him without any enthusiasm.

Shailesh pondered upon the word - Boyfriend used by Aradhana. 'Well, let me guess! You didn't know about my relationship. Let me tell you, I am in relationship with Rudra past 10 months to be precise. I assume you are smart enough to figure out the reason for maintaining the distance with you.' Aradhana had a victory smirk on her face.

She made herself pretty clear to him so that he should not get any negative vibes from her. There was something that running in his mind but he lost all his calmness and was on the verge to vent out his anger on her. But then ...