2. A New Friend

Aradhana's slumber broke around 8 am. Thanks to Sonal's constant blabbering and parading across the width of her room! 'Hello Ms, what the hell are you doing in my room? Why is my luggage open?' 'I am stealing your clothes' Sonal took her blue textured round neck 3Q sleeved short kurti. Sonal added 'Wake up sleepyhead. I am heading for my classes cum presentation. You be there on time. Your shuttle time is at 10.25am. See you soon at Alumni Hall by 11. Don't be stupid like yesterday. Please call me once you reach.' She changed her top into Aradhana's pretty kurti in front of her. 'Do whatever you want to. Just let me sleep for few more minutes. I am already exhausted. You got your own room. Change there.' Saying so, Aradhana hid her face in the pillow. 'Fine. I don't care. But be there on time' Sonal responded to her. As soon as Sonal stepped out of her apartment, she sneaked back 'Hey you sleeping beauty, I prepared poha (flattened rice cooked in limited spices) and placed in the microwave. That's your breakfast.' 'Get lost, Sonal' Aradhana just scared hell out of Sonal.

What on the earth strike Aradhana? She woke around 9.50 in morning. 'Shit!' Aradhana exclaimed as she glanced at the screen of her smart phone. Grabbing the very first pair from her cabin bag, she hurried to the restroom to take bathe quickly. In next 20 minutes, a girl in white floral leggings and plain greyish long tunic top was gobbling her breakfast with constant worry not missing her shuttle. She emptied her tote on the mattress and arranged all the required and important documents in her tote along with few dollars. Sonal had pinged her the route to the bus stop: the place where she was supposed to catch the shuttle. Tackling with her sandals, she rushed towards the bus stop. It's 10.53 am and the shuttle stopped right in front of Gleason Circle: an entrance hub of all confusing routes leading to the various buildings of the massive widespread university. She smiled as she realized she is finally in States to pursue her Masters. She just revived the days and methods that she used to convince her parents for this. Aradhana was finally at NYU Poly (New York University Tandon School of Engineering).

Now, Aradhana is lost and is wondering how is she supposed to reach the Alumni Hall. She just noticed 3 girls probably South Asian who just passed her. 'Hey!' Aradhana called them. To her luck, one of them stopped and looked back 'Yes?' 'I am so sorry to call you that way. Actually, I am a freshman at this university. So, if you don't mind could you please guide or direct me the way to Alumni Hall?' Aradhana asked for the help. That girl seems to be pretty friendly and cooperative. She directed Aradhana the way with great details. Greeting each other, both took their own ways. Finally, Aradhana is at Alumni Hall. She couldn't reach to Sonal because she still holds Indian sim in her smartphone and she is not connected to the university's wifi. 'Damnit!' Aradhana noticed a person who was talking over the phone in corner and thought 'I assume this person is an Indian. Let me seek a help from him once he end up his call'

A few seconds later, the person turned around and was about to leave when Aradhana called out for that person. 'Actually I am freshman at this university. It would be really helpful if you could help me out. I want to get connected to university's WiFi.' 'Surely. I assume you have university account. In case you got your username and password, you can connect to secure WiFi using the same. If you don't have one, you can connect to open WiFi using Guest login' In few minutes, Aradhana's cell phone was connected to university WiFi. 'So, you are freshman. 4-years course. What's your major and minor?' The person questioned Aradhana. 'Ah. No No. It's 2 years course. I am here for my Masters.' Aradhana corrected him. 'Technically a graduate student. Correct?' The person re-assured her corrected information. 'Ah. Yup. By the way, I am Aradhana. As you know, I am a graduate student who will be pursuing Masters in Information Science & Technology from this Fall term. Nice to meet you.' She forward her palm out of formality. The person gripped her her palms with his forming a firm handshake 'Hey. I am Abhay, pursuing my Ph.D in Robotics & Machine Learning. Nice to meet you too. '

'By the way, since you are connected to WiFi did you get your work done?' Abhay asked Aradhana. 'Damn! I was supposed to call my friend. It completely ran out of my mind' Aradhana scowled. 'If you don't mind, I can place a call from my cell phone' Abhay offered. 'Umm. Sure. It's 585-351-5689' Aradhana accepted the offer. 'Oh. I see. How come you know Ms. Famous? Is she your tour guide for the day?' Abhay found the name of the person in his contact list before placing the call. 'It's Sonal Jha's number. Right?' Abhay confirmed. Aradhana was amused.

By the way, did you guys like Aradhana's new friends? What vibes did he gave you? Let me know. I am excited to know how you feel about Abhay. If you liked it, do vote and comments. Anything from side is most welcomed especially critics. Good night fellas <3 :)