19. Let's talk over a coffee

Every software developer is addicted to caffeine. The coding is incomplete without coffee. 'Swati. Argh. It seems like I just had a brain freeze' Aradhana exclaimed. 'Girl, you already had 2 cups of coffee since morning' Swati spoke out her observation. 'If I don't have one more, it's impossible to burn some midnight for completion of this assignment. Just imagine how badly I need some caffeine' Aradhana replied. 'Just be easy on your caffeine intake' Swati started to complete her Computational Theory assignment. Aradhana asked Swati to keep an eye on her stuffs as she will back in few minutes.

Every university library has a coffee shop at least to keep students going, academically. Aradhana made her way to the Java's : an hotspot for every student. It serves best coffee on campus. Opening the door, Aradhana bumped into a 5 feet 7 inch manly figure whose coffee spilled over the floor. 'Sorry. Sorry. I'm so sorry' Aradhana lowered her head as she took a step back. He placed the coffee on the side rack and pacified Aradhana 'Are you good? Did you get burnt because of it's hot contents?' He sound concerned. As she looked straight into his eyes, Aradhana sighed a relief 'Rudra' The cashier called Rudra and asked 'Should I refill for you?' 'Yes. Please' Rudra answered with a respect.

Before Rudra handed his to-go cup to the cashier, he offered Aradhana 'Would you like to have something?' Aradhana leaned on the serving station table and tapped her nails on it as she looked at menu-board. She was not able to decide what she should get. 'Try PSL' Rudra suggested as he stood besides her. 'What's that? Aradhana turned her head towards Rudra. 'Starbucks has recently introduced a new drink named Pumpkin Spice Latte and it will be served only in Fall. It's pretty similar to latte with some flavor notes of pumpkin and clove. It's trending over social media these days' Aradhana was impressed with Rudra's explanation.

'What did you get?' Aradhana was curious. 'I got Caramel Macchiato. It's my personal favorite' Rudra answered her question. 'Excuse me' Aradhana called a person who was just finished taking other customer's order. 'One Caramel Macchiato which needs refill and one Pumpkin Spice Latte' Aradhana placed their order. 'I think that would suffice while we talk over coffee' Aradhana winked at Rudra. Aradhana can take down any guy she want. This time, it's Rudra. Little did they know, this would probably be their first unofficial and unplanned coffee date.

'It's 5.12$' The lady at the billing station read aloud the total amount. Aradhana was unable to manage two to-go cups as it was brewing hot coffee. Rudra lent a helping hand and held both of the coffee cups. Aradhana took out the card and made the payment. That's exactly when Rudra pitched in 'Too smart. This was on me.' After putting back her card, Aradhana took her cup of coffee 'Better luck next time' Much not to be their attentiveness, Shailesh overheard their conversation near the billing counter. Shailesh too was hungry and thought to get something to munch on. Shailesh mentally decided to sneak in their conversation as he told a place besides their table.

As they settled, Aradhana raised a question 'Hey. You are about to get graduate, right?' Rudra nodded in an agreement. That lead to another question 'Why did you take up foundation course?' 'Um. Because I am just left with 6 credits. Out of which, 3 contributes towards my project. For remaining 3, I don't want to take a tough course and let my CGPA suffer. So, I took up a foundation course. An easy one though.' Rudra explained his answer. 'I really like the way you explain the things' Aradhana was impressed. Rudra mentally blushed over her statement.

'So, how's your job search going?' Aradhana questioned after sipping her Pumpkin Spice Latte. 'To be frank, I already have two offer letters in hand' Rudra said after sipping his Macchiato. 'Really?' Aradhana was surprised. 'Google has offered me the position of Interaction Designer and location is Mountain View. I also have an offer letter from Cisco for System Designer especially for Routing at Sunnyvale.' 'That's such an awesome news. Rudra, I think you should definitely treat me' Aradhana winked at him. 'Aradhana. I was just about give you one few minutes back. But sigh! You didn't take up my offer.' Rudra pretended to be upset. 'How smart! You think I will let you go with just a coffee. You are so wrong' Aradhana corrected his views. 'Fine. I will. For that purpose, you have to fly down to California' Rudra winked at her, this time. They were having a good time with all informative talks. On the hand, Shailesh isn't liking the way Rudra getting along with Aradhana.

Aradhana and Rudra are love. What do you guys think about AruDra?

Aren't their chemistry brewing hot like coffee?

Woah! Coffee is in the air. Black Coffee web series. This chapter. Coffee recital next weekend. I'm drolling over coffee lately.

Do read the chapter. Liked it? Vote for it. Loved it? Comment your reaction. Any suggestion is welcomed. Feel free to message me. I'll get back to you soon.