20. A Road Trip With Bestie

Days rolled over. It seems Aradhana is enjoying Rudra's companionship. Aradhana felt relieved whenever she shared her worries with him. Rudra always acted as her stress buster. Although Shailesh was her project partner, Rudra was the one whom she approach when it comes to problem solving tasks. Shailesh faced hard times to distract himself from Aradhana. Somehow, he was affected by her indifferent behavior.

Her first academic term in States would come to end soon as finals were around the corner. Her work and study kept Aradhana so busy that she forgot it's final term for Rudra probably last few days in New York City. A week after finals, Aradhana was happy as she scored a CGPA of 3.52. She got to know, Shailesh too scored a decent CGPA of 3.64.

Moreover, Aradhana was excited for flying down to Austin and meet her best friend after so long. Sonal has planned a road trip with her bestie. Aradhana's enthusiasm flew as high as kite when Sonal announced about their road trip. Known as one of wonders of the world, Sonal drove Aradhana to Grand Canyon, Arizona. The scenic view of Canyon were exuberant Aradhana could fall for. The next stop was at Zion National Park, Utah. This place fell in the way of Las Vegas. The mesmerizing view of sunset across the long stretch of hills simply made Aradhana awestruck.

Reaching Las Vegas, Sonal drove to McCarran International Airport to pick up Ajay. Ajay had decided to fly down from Indianapolis. Although Sonal kept complaining, Ajay let girls have some fun precisely their time. Sonal had arranged the room in Bellagio for two days. The entrance itself blew Aradhana's mind away. Since they reached Bellagio at night, Aradhana witness fountain show with an instrumental music playing in background. It had a magnetic effect on Aradhana. It was her first life-time experience. The trio gambled entire night. As always, Aradhana was Sonal's lucky charm. Sonal tripled the amount she invested while Ajay successfully recovered the amount he put in. Since Aradhana didn't participate, Sonal decided to transfer some share of her winning amount electronically.

Reaching the room at 7 in the morning, they decided to sleep for few hours. Ajay was the first one to wake up. He took a quick bath and made all possible attempts to wake up Sonal. With Sonal's constant '5 minutes more' rants, Aradhana woke up eventually. She quickly bathe and wore a salmon pink shade halter neck skater dress. Ajay exhausted himself as Sonal was in no mood to wake up. 'Want to know the trick to wake this sleeping beauty?' Aradhana looked at Ajay, pointing towards Sonal. 'I and Ajay had morning sex under shower' Aradhana's loud words sufficed to wake Sonal with a jolt. Fuming in anger, Ajay welcomed all the pillows and bed sheet from Sonal. 'See!' Aradhana folded her arms around her chest. It took another forty five minutes to convince Sonal about the prank they played. Finally, Sonal was ready. Ajay couldn't take his eyes off her as she looked stunning in summer blues A-line dress.

Aradhana wants to check out The Cheesecake Factory for longest possible time. So, Sonal and Ajay decided to have their brunch at nearby The Cheesecake Factory. They ordered two Avocado Toast, California Guacamole Salad, Pasta Carbonara without bacon and chicken, Mac-N-Cheese Burger and Red Velvet Cheesecake (most recommended one). Not only they sounds interesting, they taste delicious equally. Winding up their brunch, they headed to Fremont Street to experience open air mall. Aradhana and Sonal together zip-lined across the length of Fremont with Oh's and Wow's. The day ended with a lavish dinner at Stratosphere : a casino hotel known for sky-high attractions. The whole of Las Vegas look no less of a galaxy, Aradhana thought. Aradhana probably was spellbound by the bird-eye view of Las Vegas.

With every place they visit, Aradhana kept adding pictures and video to her Instagram and Snap-chat stories. Rudra is in new city away from friends whom he considered as a second family. California made him nostalgic. Since Aradhana belonged to Rudra's friend list, Rudra never missed a chance to check her stories and felt satisfied. 'You. Stop checking on her. She's just your friend. Probably a good friend. To be precise, your ex-roommate's girlfriend's best friend. Stop over-thinking about her, Rudra' Rudra mentally scolded himself.

Aradhana's days with Sonal flew so quickly. Aradhana was back in her town when she realized Rudra already left for California to start new phase of his life.

She immediately pinged Rudra : You are so mean. You were suppose to treat me before starting your job at Google. I am mad at you. Don't talk to me.

Rudra replied : I am so sorry. Everything will be on me whenever you come to California. Why don't you come here for Spring break?

Aradhana responded : Only if you sponsor. I am broke. Thanks to my shopaholic Sonal. Rudra messaged back : Sure lady. Will send you an itinerary in few days.

Talking to Aradhana over message made Rudra feel so much better. For him, re-reading same set of messages every morning brings an unwanted smile. It often works as a good start of the day. On the other hand, the things were falling in place for Shailesh and Aradhana only to set them apart. Aradhana and Shailesh paired up for projects for Foundation of Computer Vision and Secure Data Management for their Spring term. That's when life warned them 'Caution: Danger Ahead'.  

Sonal and Aradhana. Long time. No see. Can I be more excited for them? It's Vacation time after all.  Oh Yeah! Yuuuhuuu.  

I wish to have such an amazing bond with my best friends just like SoHana

I wish to have such an amazing bond with my best friends just like SoHana. #BFFGoals they are. Speaking of which, Rudra and Aradhana are really getting along so well. Let evils be away from them.  

But what's up with Shailesh and Aradhana? How are they going to proceed with their personal life? Can we have hopes for them? Readers, what are your views? Let me know in comment section below

Got two news for you : Sad and happy ones.  

The sad one is this story is put on hold for a while

The sad one is this story is put on hold for a while. The happy one is, next two weeks will be recital week. So stay tuned.