51. Face Off

Ajay gave him a nod of approval. Rudra rushed to the room and packed his stuff in bag and left for Udaipur. Shailesh, on the other hand, called his parents and informed 'Mom. Your flight tickets for Lucknow are booked, tomorrow evening at 6.15 pm from Mumbai which will take at I got her address. Do inform father as well.'

Next morning, Rudra reached home at Udaipur after driving Ajay's car non-stop nine hours. Reaching home, Rudra first booked three flight ticket for the same night. Rudra's parents were shocked to their son home when he mentioned about being with Ajay at wedding. Since he couldn't get any tickets, Rudra vented his anger on his mom who kept bothering him - why did he come home. Composing himself after three hours, Rudra asked his parents 'Let's go on very long drive. We all need a break. Maa, pack stuffs. We are leaving in an hour'

Instead of an hour, Rudra's mom took two hours to pack stuffs. Rudra patiently waited in car with his father. Rudra's father shoot an deadly glare at him. 'I'll tell you everything once this journey starts' Rudra assured. Alas! His mother dumped bag in trunk and settled in car. He enrouted his destination to Lucknow. Playing 70's and 80's songs for a while, his parents felt asleep. Rudra droved 9.5 hours at a stretch.

Jaswant Rajput (Rudra's father) woke an hour before halting at Mehandipur. 'So, do you want to talk about it?' Jaswant Rajput initiated conversation with Rudra. Rudra was clueless how to begin so he kept driving. 'Is it about Aradhana?' Jaswant Rajput thought aloud casually. Gulping his apple, Rudra nodded affirmatively. 'Are we going to her place?' Asha Jaswant Rajput (Rudra's mother) joined conversation. Jaswant's rough voice broke her slumber. Rudra nodded affirmatively, again. 'So you were actually seriously about Aradhana when you let those cats out.' Jaswant implied from his son's current reaction. Rudra stole a glance with his father. It was enough for Jaswant to be sure about his assumptions and terminated his interrogations. 

He took a halt at Mehandipur to have dinner around 10 at night. They choose a decent looking dhaba. While having the dinner, Rudra disclosed about Shailesh and event happened at Ajay's wedding to his parents. 

Finishing dinner, Rudra dozed off an hour in car. He overslept and woke at 1 at night. He found his father sleeping uncomfortably because of his mother who slept over her husband's lap. He adored them for few minutes and resumed driving. Fresh and wide awake, Rudra drove car for another 5 hours. He stopped his car in front of his friend's house at 6 am who stays an hour away from Aradhana's lucknow home. His parents woke as Rudra applied brake. He was welcomed by Ashutosh. He asked them to bathe and dress up. Rudra and his parents agreed.

Sipping the tea in balcony, Rudra's father placed his palms over Rudra's shoulder 'My bacha. I always taught you not to run away from situation and never give up even when you are getting defeated. Since yesterday, I felt I lost my warrior son' 'You are wrong, dad. I'm still your warrior son. I ain't a person who would give up his love. I love Aradhana and so we are here in Lucknow.' Rudra answered with a smile. 'She is really lucky to find a husband like my son' Rudra's mother invaded father-son's talk. Rudra and his father looked towards his mother who draped herself in pink and yellow bandhani saree. 'You should compliment her. Don't wear this shirt and pant. Wear yellow Angrakha set. Did you bring that?' Rudra suggested. 'Your mother packed entire house in a suitcase. It'll definitely there' His father walked out to other room in order to change. Rudra nodded, sipping his tea.

Rudra and his family reached Aradhana's parental house at 10.00 am in morning. Shailesh along with his parents reached Aradhana's parental house half an hour prior to Rudra's arrival. When Shailesh's parents asked Harshvardhan 'Does your daughter cook non-vegetarian dishes?', the doorbell rang. The house keeping maid opened the door. She called Aradhana's mother who was busy in kitchen preparing breakfast. Harshvardhan assured his wife 'I'll welcome the guests. Don't worry' and excused himself.

Harshvardhan nodded in denial, thinking about his daughter cooking meat as he walked for door. 'Rudra!' A smile crept over his face. Rudra bent his torso to his feets but Harshvardhan hugged him tight and someone in living room clenched his palms into fist. He introduced his parents to Aradhana's parents. 'It seems this guy has good rapport with Aradhana's parents' Shailesh's mother whispered to Shailesh.

'Hey Rudra. How are you? We hardly talked at Ajay's wedding. I thought you were attending his wedding' Shailesh stood and shook hand with Rudra. 'Please sit, Shailesh. I had more important work in Lucknow. So, I have to come with parents. Ajay gave a permission luckily' Rudra laughed a little. Sugandha, Aradhana's mother got tired to preparing breakfast as more guests joined in. So she called Ambala kaki to prepare dishes for guests. As she came out, Asha (Rudra's mother) suggested 'Stop bothering yourself too much. Just order some sweets from outside' 

'I expected these words from Manjula(Shailesh's mother)' Sugandha thought. 'Not to beat around bush, I have come here with an offer for you, Harshvardhan' Jaswant proposed. 'We are here to request your daughter to be our daughter, forever. We are really tired of this Rudra' Asha folded her palms together. Rudra rolled his eyes at his mother's statement.

'It seems to be an auspicious day. We got not one but two alliance for Aradhana. One Shailesh other Rudra. We are now in pickle.I think Aradhana should decide about her life partner' Sugandha suggested. Harshvardhan agreed with her. It seems, Shailesh and Rudra were not in accordance.

'We have seeing each other since first semester at university. It has been more than 3 years' Shailesh dropped first truth bomb. Rudra was shocked and furious by his audacity. 'Although you both were seeing each other so long, Aradhana was in official relationship with me since past 2 years. Moreover, my parents know about our relationship.' Rudra claimed. Aradhana's parents got a major setback. Before Shailesh could drop another truth bomb, Rudra politely asked 'Can we talk in private for a while?' Although Shailesh was denial mood, Rudra gave a deathly stare. Unwillingly, Shailesh obeyed Rudra.

Stepping inside guest room, Rudra questioned 'What do you think are you doing here?' 'Serving same purpose just like you!' Shailesh folded his arms. 'Shailesh, listen. Just stay away from Aradhana' Rudra maintained a calm composure. 'Come again' Shailesh pretended not to hear those words clearly. 'I'm asking you to stay away from my girl' Rudra maintained a low-key. 'Your girl! Is it? Have you forgotten the fact that she slept with me? Or. Do you want me to remind you how insanely she was in love with me?' Shailesh patted on Rudra shoulder and added more 'Bro. Stay out of this. She is mine' 'Don't you call her yours!' Rudra jerked away Shailesh's hand. 

Woah. Writing this chapter reminds me of a scene from Twilight. I don't recollect which series was it part of. Anyways, tagging it below.

I just realized this chapter is kinda related to above scene

I just realized this chapter is kinda related to above scene. What do you think?

 What do you think?