44. Grad Walk

Aradhana excitedly flew to New York to meet her parents. It has been more than two years she hadn't been with them. It's a big day for Aradhana not because she will be taking grad walk but all important people of her life would be present for her grand event. Yes, Aradhana's parents are flying all the way from India to United States for first time. They are on cloud 99 to watch their baby succeeding and reaching out for sky.

Rudra is flying from California a day later because of his work. How can I miss Sonal? Sonal along with Ajay will be flying from Austin. Her former roommate- Akriti from Nashville, her friends - Swati from Boise, Abhay from Atlanta. Everyone is in mood to cheer Aradhana for her achievement. At 4 in afternoon,Aradhana book cab on Lyft app to pick up her parents from airport.

Although Sonal kept insisting Aradhana to pick them up from airport, Aradhana scolded her and asked to come by herself. Aradhana's mother made poori and tari wale aloo (potatoes cooked in onion & tomato gravy) for Aradhana and Sonal. Ajay decided to stay at his friend's place as long as they are in NYC. Stepping inside the apartment which Aradhana sub leased for few days, Sonal was happy to see Aradhana's mother and shared a hug with her.

Sonal dropped her luggage in living room and quickly freshen up herself. Sonal settled herself on the bed where Aradhana covered the bedsheet with used towel. 'You are forever foodie' Aradhana gritted her teeths. Sonal grinned, pulling her cheeks.

Aradhana's mother caressed Sonal's cheeks and served a plate of 6 pooris and bowl full of tari wale aloo. 'Mom, are you here to love me or feed this forever foodie?' Aradhana envied the thought of her mother pampering her bestie. 'I love both of you' Aradhana's mother squeezed Aradhana's cheeks between her palm and kissed on her nose. 'Where is your father?' Aradhana's mother asked about her husband. 'He's exhausted. He's sleeping other room' Aradhana informed. 'You also sit, my bacha. I'll get your plate' Aradhana's mother caressed her cheeks. 'No, mom. You sit. I'll get our plates' Aradhana insisted.

Obeying her daughter, Aradhana's mother settled besides Sonal. 'No mom, not besides her. Besides me.' Aradhana acts protective. 'Someone is turning green.What do you think, auntie?' Sonal giggled. Aradhana's mother nodded in an agreement. Aradhana carefully brought two plates and placed one before her mother. The ladies were busy gossiping as they had their dinner.

Few minutes later, Aradhana's phone flashed with Rudra's name. She excused herself. Aradhana accepted the call. 'No one. No one. Not even my mom is pampering me. Sonal is such an attention seeker. My mother is fondling her. Sonal is making me jealous' Aradhana complained. 'Oh my god. You don't even let me speak. Nevertheless, I'm here to give my attention to you' Aradhana's blushed over Rudra's words.Rudra placed a quick kiss over phone. 'Enough Rudra' Aradhana traced her nose with fingers.'I love to pull your cheeks when you blush' Rudra assumed she was blushing.

'So, at what time are you coming?' Aradhana changed the topic. 'My Human Resources didn't granted me a leave. So, I won't be coming' Rudra lied. 'How could you dare to miss my commencement? Isn't my commencement day as important to you as is it to me? Rudra, I'm telling you, if you don't come for my grad walk, I'll break up our relationship' Aradhana fumed in anger. 'Oh my cute little baby volcani' Saying so, Rudra laughed. 'You think it's funny?' Aradhana rolled her eyes. 'No. It's not. And Aru, you think I won't come for my darling's grad walk. Why on this earth would I miss your grad walk?' Rudra covered it up so well.

'Hmm' 'What hmm? I'm coming tomorrow. My flight would land LaGuardia airport at 9 in morning. Ajay will pick me up from airport. I'll be there before Dean announce your name' Rudra assured. 'Shailesh would also be there. He asked me to cheer for him' Aradhana informed Rudra about Shailesh's presence. 'That sob*! Can't he stay away from you?' Shailesh's name spoiled Rudra's good mood.