9. Let's discuss.

A week just flew away keeping both girls busy in their work. The classes were supposed to commence a week later from orientation week. Aradhana was busy with her on-campus job at Dining Hall while Sonal was busy with her job as Peer Advisor Leader and Teaching Assistant. Sonal had mentally decided to change her best friend's typical Indianized look to western one. It's Friday evening and Aradhana showed up late in the evening. Sonal just finished cooking tomato curry which is accompanied along with warming some frozen chapatis. Sonal generously served their late evening supper on two plates. Their occasional talk started when Sonal pitched her idea 'Dude, this look of yours is only good for India. It's not going to work here. You definitely need a makeover.' 'I exactly know how shopaholic you are. I know what you are upto. Let's go shopping tomorrow.' Aradhana completed incomplete part of her idea.

Weekend is here. Sonal wears a mid thigh denim shorts and off-shoulder off-white crop top, fitting her figure. As usual, Aradhana's clothes are pretty Indian types : banana leaf print leggings with round neck printed pastel pink knee length kurti. 'Not again, Aru!' Sonal sighed as she looked at her in a split of second, making to-do list. 'First, we will go to T-Mobile store and get your new connection and sim. I will add you to my family plan. Second, vegetables and fruits are out of stock. Time for some grocery shopping baby. Last and important thing is you. Your makeover to be precise' Sonal read her list loud.

'Sonal. Enough. This is getting too much. I love Indian wear especially leggings and kurti. I feel comfortable. Unlike you, I love to follow Indian culture. I am here for my studies not for makeover. Get it straight into your head.' Aradhana was so done with Sonal's taunt since past week. 'Relax girl. I want you to get hang over jeans and tops. I ain't asking you to wear bikini and flaunt your figure. 'Long Live Mother India' just in case if this makes you happy. I won't apologize though.' Sonal pacified Aradhana. 'Would you ever change your attitude?' Aradhana raised her hands in air exasperatedly. Sonal encircled her arms around Aradhana's nape and nodded 'Never baby' 'Shall we go for shopping or do you want to continue your stupidity?' Aradhana sounded serious. Shopping - the word itself made Sonal weak in her knees. Finally, they left for their day out.

Getting her new sim card, Aradhana first called up her parents back in home country. Aradhana spoke with them over phone until Sonal called her. Ardhana got 2 pairs of denim mid thigh shorts from Kohl's, a party gown from Macy's and pink and yellow i.e two tank tops from Aeropostale. Sonal got white crop tops for herself from Sears and insisted Ardhana to buy the same. Aradhana also brought two pair of jeans from Sears. Heading towards Walmart, the girls shopped for their bi-weekly grocery according to the list. It's almost noon. So, they decided to have lunch at Moe's. It's 4 in evening when they reached their apartment. Keeping the bags on the floor, both adjusted themselves on the futon placed in the living room. Soon, they were off to a nap.

Maybe, it's 6 in evening. Aradhana fell on the floor. 'Sonal. Man. What the hell.' Sonal kicked Aradhana out of the futon to occupy the space. Aradhana washed face and arranged her clothes in her wardrobe and fruits & vegetable in the refrigerator. Sonal woke up in meanwhile. Washing her face, Sonal grabbed the box of salad and sat back on the futon. Aradhana simply took a fork and settled besides her. After first few bites, Ardhana initiated conversation 'You know most of the people at college' Sonal acknowledged it so Aradhana continued 'Do you know any guy who is 5 feet 7 inches tall, have husky complexion and bass voice?' Sonal took a moment to think but gave a nod of denial later. Aradhana was silent which kind of freaked Sonal out.

'Is there anyone bothering you?' Sonal asked curiously. Aradhana gave a nod of denial and further asked about Ajay and the way of his proposal. Sonal seems to be geared up 'Dude, I am dying to tell you about it. You remember I mentioned you about my road trip to Chicago few months back. It was my personal trip with him. You know I am an acrophobic person and Ajay proposed on the Skydeck of Willis Tower that is 103rd floor of second tallest building in the world. I was hell scared and excited at the same time. He went on his knees and proposed in front of unknown people without any sign of nervousness. When I agreed, Ajay kissed me in front of everyone. All the people around me applauded. It was the most memorable day. Aradhana, I can't express in words'

Ajay's proposal made Aradhana jealous. She faked happiness to let Sonal know she's happy. Completing the dinner, Sonal thrashed the box. Both dozed off to the sleep.

Aradhana be like : Is Sonal still my best friend or Ajay's girlfriend?

What do you guys think? Tell me. What can be a better way to interact with readers other than comment section. Waiting for your reviews.   I know you guys boost my confidence. If your friends like reading novel, ask them to give this a shot. 

Good night sweethearts :)