29. Never on the same page

Oh my billabong, this chapter is exclusively dedicated to you. 

Thanks you so much for your valuable feedbacks. 

It was much needed. Love you so much, my bongoshvaari. 

Although she has been to the university for few hours, Aradhana was exhausted. That's how the academics abroad are. Energy consuming and tiring. Coming back to home, Aradhana realized groceries were out of stock. Nothing to cook. Aradhana reluctantly called her roomie Akriti 'Hey babes. Where are you?' 'Babes, I'm on the way to home. Will be there in 20. Need something?' Akriti informed. 'Actually, we are out on vegetables and fruits. We need to go for grocery shopping tomorrow. But as of now, could you get me something to eat for dinner? I'm starving.' Aradhana asked Akriti for a favor. 'Sure. What do you ...' Akriti's question was interrupted with doorbell. 'Talk to you later. See you soon.' Aradhana disconnected the call.

'Why the hell can't he leave me alone?' Aradhana thought as she found Shailesh at her doorsteps. Nodding her head, Aradhana walked in with Shailesh trailed along. 'Hey. Actually I forgot to offer you the food I cooked for you' Shailesh grinned at his thoughts as he offered. Definitely Shailesh was up to something wrong, I can say. 'Umm. What's it?' Aradhana wasn't keen on having the food he cooked. 'Since you aren't eggetarian, I made paneer burji.' Shailesh walked towards the kitchen to microwave it.

Aradhana rushed to the restroom to freshen up. Stepping out of the restroom, Aradhana tied her hair into a messy bun. She might have blinked more than thrice or so as she couldn't believe Shailesh arranged her books at one corner of the table and served generous amount of paneer burji, 3 slices of bread and pickle. It was accompanied by 2 glasses of water. Aradhana's trance was broken by a call. It was Rudra's call.

'Aru. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have vented my frustration on you. Somehow it happened. I'm feeling terrible thinking about it.' Rudra sounds apologetic. A smile crept on Aradhana's lips. 'It's okay. It happens. You shouldn't feel bad about it.' Aradhana convinced herself rather than Rudra.

'Our dinner is ready' Shailesh announced, oblivious of the fact Aradhana is speaking to someone. He entered her room with two shots of vodka. 'Who's that?' Rudra questioned Aradhana. 'Shailesh' Aradhana rolled her eyes. Shailesh held her from back and hugged. He placed his chin in her left crock of collarbone, gently kissed left side of her nape. Rudra on the phone call and Shailesh clinging around her, this moment seems to froze. Aradhana's reflex failed to respond.

'My Aradhana is glowing hot these days' Shailesh snuggled his nose. Shailesh slowly traced Aradhana's waistline. Shailesh's words was enough to make Rudra furious. 'Ask Shailesh to stay away from you, effective immediately' Rudra's rough baritone voice send shivers down, thereby bringing Aradhana back to reality.

She placed her smartphone on the table. She failed to disconnect the call. Shailesh turned her around swiftly and took her lips into his for a passionate kiss. Aradhana tried her best to push him away but Shailesh was in mood to leave her. Shailesh took her to the bed, taking her under him. He was about to undress her when Aradhana announced 'I'm committed' 'I know you are committed to me, no matter what happens.' Shailesh acknowledged her statement casually. On the other hand, Rudra was going crazy of all the vivid and wild imaginations he got.

'Just don't touch me. It feels disgusting.' Aradhana closed her eyes tight. Her words was enough to jerk Shailesh away. 'Did you just say I'm a disgust?' Shailesh raised his eyebrows. Aradhana adjusted herself straight on the bed. Rudra's face flashed in front of her eyes. Oh how awful is she feeling. Could this get any worse? She probably thought.

Shailesh took a grip of her shoulders and shrugged off hard. 'Speak up, damn it!' Shailesh yelled at Aradhana. His words was enough to infuriate Rudra. Rudra terminated his call straightaway for the very fact, he just can't handle Shailesh yelling at his Aradhana. 'Asshole, had you done that in my presence I wouldn't have spared you alive' Rudra cussed him, fist banging on the table.

'Yes. What you heard is right. You are just one hell of a person. Never seen a person like you, Shailesh' Aradhana took her stand. 'This audacity' Shailesh ran his fingers in his hair. He later pounced upon Aradhana and clutched her jaws. 'Now, you said those words. That's fine. Those words shouldn't get another chance. Got it?' Slowly, he left her jaws.

And a tight slap landed on his cheeks. 'Oh. Did I hurt you much? So sorry dear.' Aradhana had a smirk on her face. 'How could you do this to me? I thought you love me. I'm wrong, guess so. You seem to be a different person. What happened in Boston? Is there something I'm missing on?' Shailesh faked his concerns. Perhaps it's Shailesh's way of provoking Aradhana's vulnerability.

'How well do I know you? Waiting for me to pour my heart out to you. Just the way I used to do. For your information, it ain't happening this time. You know what, Rudra is right. You are one kind of distraction. In my words, you are a playboy. Emotionless. I regret the fact I ever loved you.' 'Aru, darling. That's not the case ...' Shailesh interrupted her monologue thereby playing safe.

'Don't you interrupt me, Shailesh. You are already done with all sayings and doings. Where was your so-called emotional support when I lost my virginity to you? Where was your lost love? Don't you just play with words, have me all and walk away empty handed? Lastly, it's Aradhana for you' Aradhana confronted him with a confidence. Shailesh was thinking hard to defy Aradhana when Aradhana conclude 'Shailesh, we can never be on the same page. Nor are we supposed to be.' 

Oh my #ArSha. Forget same page. You are pages of different books. 

Shouldn't they understand this? 

Happy Sunday!