53. A Decision

A week later, Shailesh was back in California. Rudra took couple of days off from work to be his parents. Rudra flew back to California two weeks later. Aradhana was busy in her project while our newly wed birds were off to Greece for honeymoon.

One such day after a month, Harshvardhan called his daughter 'How are you, bacha?' 'I'm good, papa. How are you? What about mom? Where is she?' Aradhana asked. 'She is good. She is now winding up the kitchen chores.' Her father replied. 'Acha. How is your health? Did you start walking? Are you taking medicine?' Aradhana enquired. Rudra eavesdropped her conversation and smiled, walked by.

'My baby girl is so concerned about me. My health is absolutely fine. Yes. I also started walking. Prakash uncle joins me in morning and your busy mother in evening' Harshvardhan answered. 'Tell her to video call over laptop. I'm coming in 5' Sugandha conveyed her message to Harshvardhan. Aradhana giggled looking at her father's expression. 'Tell mommy, I'll video call after my office. I'm getting late. Good night, my handsome' Aradhana made her father blush before disconnecting the call.

Later evening, tired Aradhana got back from her work not only find Shailesh waiting on her couch. 'What are you doing here?' Aradhana removed her sandals, bent her torso and placed it in shoe rack. 'I called him' Rudra replied as he marched downstairs. 'Reason?' Aradhana asked. 'Aradhana. Maybe I'm a month late to come up with this topic. We have to make a decision. No, I mean you have to make a decision.' Rudra explained.

'Yes. I admit you were and you are the most beautiful girl I have ever came across. You never ran out of my mind. It was me who woke up so late to realize you were far gone. Taking few steps towards you, I understood you were never too far from me. I love you, Aradhana. I want to be with you forever' Shailesh confessed his love for Aradhana in front of Aradhana.

Before Rudra could say about his feeling, Shailesh welcomed a tight slap on his face. 'You. What do you think of yourself? Prince Charming? Romeo? No. I'll tell you what you exactly are. You are a fucking playboy. The things I regret are : I met you. I liked you. You got more importance than my bloody self respect. I lost my virginity. I wanted you to be by my side. You got bored of me. You treated me like a piece of shit. Despite of that, I had desire to be your girlfriend or say everything that matters to you. I did all possible things to be yours. But, you showed me exit door. I still waited at that exit door so long. You failed to noticed it. Now, that exit door shut down forever. I'm never coming back in your life, Shailesh. I don't want you in my life, are you getting me? I'm so done with your stupid cheesy talks to get me back in your life. I'm so done with this fucking game of yours. I'm tired of fighting for you to be in my life. Enough of it! Enough! Leave me alone with Rudra.' Aradhana broke down after completing her monologue.

Rudra walked towards her to hug her. Instead, Aradhana struck her palm out to stop him. Oh those tears crawling down her cheeks. That redden eyes of hers. It hurt Rudra the most. 'I hate you, Shailesh. More than I used to you love you. If you can leave me once, you can definitely leave me again and again. I can't risk my life's happiness by being with you. I need a person who love me who I am, regardless of my past and my exes.I don't think I would get a better person than Rudra. He keeps his hands off my body. You know what, he touches my soul irrespective of his existence. I made my decision. I'm marrying my man - Rudra.' Aradhana pulled Rudra's arm close and tugged her arms in his.

'This time, I will show you exit door. The door of freedom will lead to a route which doesn't have a roundabout. Walk out of my space and live your life on your own terms. You are not knocking my life's door ever again' Aradhana showed him the door of the apartment.

It's said - 'Maybe one day. The love you are ignoring now, will be what you need. You would be one being picky and waiting too long. The day you want that love back in your life, may be it would be the day the love you ignored so far has finally given up on you'

Shailesh felt the same and walked out of the door and Aradhana's life forever. He lost a priceless gem while collecting the stones.