43. Untangling Strings

Reaching home, Aradhana sorted the grocery and stored in refrigerator. She bagan cooking while Rudra fixated his attention on the laptop. She cooked jeera rice in pressure cooker and work on dal makhani simultaneously. The strong aroma hit Rudra's nostril, thereby pulling him in the kitchen. 'One of my dish. Yummy.' Rudra hugged Aradhana from back and kiss on left side of nape.

Aradhana placed the lid over the wok to let the lentils cook properly. She turned around to face Rudra 'I bumped into Shailesh today at Walgreens' 'So?' Rudra asked casually. 'He wants to talk to me.' Aradhana came straight to the point. 'So, meet him. Schedule it for tomorrow's brunch.' Rudra suggested. 'So you are okay with it?' Aradhana's statements sounds more like question.

'Listen Aradhana. Problems, insecurities, or any thing that bothers you. These are best sort when you communicate and converse, especially to one who made you insecure, whom you have problem with or who is bothering you constantly. It's almost a year and half since we are in relationship. To make our relation work smoothly, untangle those strings of yours which are still bound to him' Rudra explained. 'You are too good with explanation. I'll text him and plan for brunch at Chipotle.' Saying so, Aradhana pecked a kiss on his cheeks.

'I'm super hungry. Serve the dinner as soon as possible' Rudra moved his right palm in circular direction over his belly. 'Five more minutes' Aradhana took off the lid from wok and added the tadka to the dal. Minutes later, Rudra & Aradhana was having dinner together. Rudra couldn't stop himself from complementing Aradhana's culinary skills. Aradhana had no choice.

Next morning, Aradhana dressed herself in three fourth sleeve yellow tunic top with symmetric dot print near hemline and paired with blue denims. She just tugged in few dollars in front right pocket of her denims. Grabbing keys after wearing sneakers, Aradhana locked the apartment safely and left for brunch. She found Shailesh waiting at one of the corner table. Aradhna settled on the chair across him. Shailesh took her order and walked towards the queue. It took twenty minutes approximately to get the order.

Placing the tray on the table, Shailesh sat on the chair. 'So, what's the agenda for today's meeting?' Aradhana initiated the conversation after gobbling few bites. 'Just want to meet you. I want to be in contact with you.' Shailesh played safe. 'Oh please. Cut the crap and come to the point.' Aradhana placed her burrito on the plate and looked straight at him.

'Maybe my acts were like bizarre. I never was demonstrative about my feelings. You kindling with Rudra inflamed my senses, wanting for you. I was re-thinking about us getting together. Not as friends. In fact more than friends. Maybe, it's time to take a call for our relationship. I think I'm ready for you. When you want things to work between us, I always thought this is not perfect time. Aradhana, this moment is so perfect. I think you would complete me. I see you as my life partner.' Aradhana interrupted Shailesh 'How can you even think, I'd work in accordance to your motive?' Shailesh was baffled by the way Aradhana spoke her thoughts.

'Shailesh, you gave me an experience to be practical and taught to use emotion less. I have couple of things in my mind.' Before Shailesh could interfere Aradhana's statement, Aradhana continued 'I think you should listen this time. Shailesh, what's guarantee you won't leave me in this walk of my life? You did it once. You will do it twice. I'm no longer your puppet. More so, my feelings for you is erased.' 'Because of that bastard, Rudra' Shailesh cursed Rudra beneath his breath.

'You never took my side whenever I want take a stand in our relationship. You follow 'use-and-throw' policy. You are fucking playboy. Caring for someone's feeling. That isn't your thing. Moreso, you simply can't do that. I gave off only dignity to you. My virginity. You didn't even care for that. In fact, you want me to be your sex toy to satisfy your sexual needs. I wanted you to be supportive for me. You could never be my emotional support. For what you have done, I won't blame you completely because I know I was partially at fault.I hate the fact i ever loved you, Mr. Shailesh Sawant.' 'Listen Aradhana' Shailesh caressed back of Aradhana's palms placed on the table. Aradhana shoved away his palms from her's.

'Coming back to your proposal, I am committed to Rudra. So stay away from me.' Aradhana warned Shailesh. 'How is Rudra better than me? You have spent more time with me than him.' Shailesh upfronted. 'Shailesh, you have enough courage to compare himself with my boyfriend. Applaud to your guts!' Aradhana mocked him. 'I am willing to be with you. I fought with my thoughts to be with you' Shailesh sounds reckless.

'You just started off with your career. And this attitude! Amazing' Aradhana scoffed. 'Arad..' Aradhana finger pointed him to stop talking. 'Let me tell you more about my boyfriend. He graduated a year and half ago. He is working since then. Do you know where he is working? Google. Do you know what's his salary per annum? 93k USD. For me, this is complementary. Since you have compared yourself with Rudra, I thought I should mention more about him. He motivates me. Rudra has always been my emotional support. He was by me whenever need be. He is the best I can have.' Aradhana concluded monologue.

'Guess, our brunch is over.' Saying so, Aradhana packed her order in to-go box and walked off the place. Aradhana's behavior aided Shailesh greed to have Aradhana all for himself. 

Later evening, Aradhana recited the meeting happened with Shailesh to Rudra. Rudra felt idiosyncratically from Shailesh's behavior. Rudra sensed, Shailesh was up to something wrong. Since Rudra wasn't sure, he choose to keep those instincts to himself.